Sub Box

It all depends if he is actually good a custom box is always the best way to go it can be tailored to your musical likings and will sound a ton better but then again the guy has to know what he's doing there's quite a few locals around me who claim to be box builders and in all honestly better off getting a prefabbed box off eBay. But there are a few locals that know their **** as well so it all depends on if the builder knows his ****.

It all depends if he is actually good a custom box is always the best way to go it can be tailored to your musical likings and will sound a ton better but then again the guy has to know what he's doing there's quite a few locals around me who claim to be box builders and in all honestly better off getting a prefabbed box off eBay. But there are a few locals that know their **** as well so it all depends on if the builder knows his ****.
The tunned box off ebay comes out to the same price as his.. i told him i dont want no beuty board i just want my bass ridiculously loud!!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif i hope he can do it up

The enclosure is the back bone for your sub-stage. So yes the enclosure will make a massive difference. Odds are your current enclosure is far to small and tuned far to high.

if the box you bought for Ebay is for the L7 check the size of the box and dimensions of the port, There is a lot of good subwoofer box builder that sells in Ebay and you might have have gotten a good box and you just don't know it.

post the dimension of the box you bought.

if the box you bought for Ebay is for the L7 check the size of the box and dimensions of the port, There is a lot of good subwoofer box builder that sells in Ebay and you might have have gotten a good box and you just don't know it.
post the dimension of the box you bought.
There are only a few that I now of, and even though I know them(some personally), I still wouldn't suggest one to anyone. They are very basic and most of the time the "good ones" cost to much and/or throw out BS claims.

i know a couple of good box builder who will post in Ebay and when somebody buys they build them and if its subwoofer specific they can easily build them since they are familiar with specific sub specs. and like Pro said your box builder might not be as good as he says.

the best thing is post your box dimensions and people can comment on it.

the guy said he goes on the computer and gets the dimesions and propper tunning.. do you guys think its worth the 200? i hate my box and yes it is small

I had one L7 and I had a local shop build me a custom box for my wagon, around 7 ft.. Never heard it in a prefab, but in that custom box they built(Authorized Kicker dealer).. The thing pounded like a beast. I had other friends with L7s, and there was no comparison. My setup just.. Pounded the heck out of all of.then. Maybe because it was in a wagon... Heard other L7s in wagon type cabin vehicles and it wasn't the same. A proper box can make a massively noticeable difference.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.