Subwoofer setup for $300

Art 15s sloppy I like the bass coming from my 6.5 speakers it's really tight but I want more.i have heard 2 15s before and it's was just constant noise.

Art 15s sloppy I like the bass coming from my 6.5 speakers it's really tight but I want more.i have heard 2 15s before and it's was just constant noise.
If they are setup wrong any size will sound like noise. No they are not sloppy they just need airspace and most don't understand that. And you don't want bass coming from your 6.5s. They are midrange

Well how am I going to get a 5 channel amp and sub under 300 that seems impossible

---------- Post added at 11:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 AM ----------

And the speakers I have can only take 20 watts rms.

Well how am I going to get a 5 channel amp and sub under 300 that seems impossible 

---------- Post added at 11:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 AM ----------

And the speakers I have can only take 20 watts rms.
Well I guess it depends on your priorities. You can get your substage done first and put your gains very low so it doesn't overpower your door speakers. Then if you feel your mids and highs are lacking, you can save up for that another time.

Any sub in the wrong box will sound sloppy, i bet those 2 15s were in a pre fab box and each had like 1.5 cubes IF that. Stick to a single sub setup and weve gave you your $300 option already.

Post a wtb thread and get a used amp. $100 maybe even less i got an alpine 500w for $50 shipped a few months back

Sundown ev2, or hds200 12/15 $100

Knu koncepts witing kit $50

Leaves you with $50 for your box which a piece of mdf is $36, liquid nails is like $3 and home depot charges like 50c per cut and like $5 for a box of screws look at that you just got uourself a setup for $300!

Ok my friend got a orion xtr500.1 does 500@1 ohm he said $80 shipped

Sundown ev2 12 $120

Amp kit knu konceptz KCA complete 4gauge $31.99

Leaves you with $68 for your box

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.