Tahoe cpillar wall 4 SA 18s on 8k

It also adds mass with it being thicker and bigger.. Jacob just didn't put that fat surround on for no reason haha it compliments the low end of the low distortion in the x and zv4. And for ppl like u he made the spl cone and surround. And I doesn't give up anything. The loss of like 7% cone area is made up by the 4" excursion.
According to sundown it has 35mm one way at 70% BL. Z v.4 Series

The equivalent DD sub has 47mm at 50% BL. 9500 Series | DD Audio

So BL aside they are about the same if the DD does not have it by a nut hair. add the SC option and that 50% BL turns into 70%

When it comes to ear loud and meter loud its more about the car. The way the dash is shaped, window slopes, roof line. Seat positions, hell even the air vents.
its illegal in comp to have spray foam in your vents

lol

saw some post or vid a while ago dudes were tryina dig it all out to be legal score in comp.

What if you took your vents out? Lol
thad be even worse - theory in spl is to seal the car air tight. no air can escape - down a vent tube / out a preasure release hole in the floor or trunk or whatever. all holes get filled / taped / sealed up causing the effect of less loss in the cabbin when preasure happens from the sub - the most amount of spl is generated instead of wasting a tiny bit in losses from un sealed holes in the firewall / air vents / poor weatherstriping around doors bla bla the list goes on and on there are literly hundreds of tricks to try in all out spl competion burp type viechles that do actually gain tenths on the meter and every tiny little thing counts in a burp viechle - if your down with that then cool

but

in a daily ground pounder show off parking lot demo viechle this type of thing dont do crap. the range of bandwith is key to be able to play actual music instead of trying to burp out one loud tone.

dudes on here see numbers like 157 and dont associate that thats strictly a one tone burp score and probably tweaked as heck to get there.

a 157 on music is a drasticly diffrent animal and would require the bandwith of at least 27 to 45 for decaf type musics or 34 to 55 for normal musics

those spl burp cars literly are loud for a few hz with a peak hz that gives them that amazing score.

not necessarily, I got hella low in my old corolla, it depends on how the car is designed and how well you've deadened it.
There are a couple more places I need to deaden. I've got the deadener sitting upstairs, just too lazy to get it done.

Isn't it best to apply deadener when it is warm, so it sticks?

According to sundown it has 35mm one way at 70% BL. Z v.4 Series
The equivalent DD sub has 47mm at 50% BL. 9500 Series | DD Audio

So BL aside they are about the same if the DD does not have it by a nut hair. add the SC option and that 50% BL turns into 70%
According to Jacob at sundown, DD are liars and there subs can't move 47mm one way linear. So I call bullshlt... His quote was

They didn't claim it can ACTUALLY move that far -- after all a BL rating only means just that... motor + coil only.

They do claim 42.5mm one-way suspension travel... I feel like that is a bit exaggerated; would love to see the curves on it at that point if it did.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Co-Owner, Obsidian Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- My PMS are disabled... email me -- sundownz@sundownaudio.com

According to Jacob at sundown, DD are liars and there subs can't move 47mm one way linear. So I call bullshlt... His quote was
They didn't claim it can ACTUALLY move that far -- after all a BL rating only means just that... motor + coil only.

They do claim 42.5mm one-way suspension travel... I feel like that is a bit exaggerated; would love to see the curves on it at that point if it did.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Co-Owner, Obsidian Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- My PMS are disabled... email me -- sundownz@sundownaudio.com
Don't know what to tell you. They move like hell with zero distortion. Dig well below box tuning and get loud. I'm a bit of a nuthugger but they are not even close to my first big sub.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.