Tightening bass?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Toomanytoys

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have a sundown x-15 in a ported enclosure in the trunk of my 87 GN. It is being powered by a skar rp2000.1 amp. The question is how do I go about getting that sub to hit hard and tight? On some songs the kick drum is like being at a concert but more times than not I find it to be very “boomy” or muddy (?) maybe if that’s a better term. Im not worried about shaking the other cars around me I just want that hard tight sound

I have a sundown x-15 in a ported enclosure in the trunk of my 87 GN. It is being powered by a skar rp2000.1 amp. The question is how do I go about getting that sub to hit hard and tight? On some songs the kick drum is like being at a concert but more times than not I find it to be very “boomy” or muddy (?) maybe if that’s a better term. Im not worried about shaking the other cars around me I just want that hard tight sound
you picked the wrong woofer to do that. Best you can do is make the enclosure a bit smaller and get more power. Sundown X series is all about the booms and wobbles.

Id say a smaller enclosure as well. May consider making a smaller enclosure with an Aero-Port and tune it that way may be best to your liking.Id try that first before picking up more power on tap. Just my 2 cents

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.