to hifonics nay-sayers

This. He got banned because he wouldn't stop spamming his shit all over the forum.
"The DSC1500.1 would be great for that setup, PM me for a great price on one..." //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

You guys that don't like MB Quart (Maxxsonics) stuff, please convince me they are "junk". This is a serious request as I am pretty open minded. Full disclosure: I don't compete in SPL competitions mainly because that isn't my thing but, do like it loud and clean. I don't sell or work for any audio company or retailer but, my history in car audio goes back to the late 80's. Please make your argument against Maxxsonics with proof, stats or tests that can be verified and checked. However, one incident of an amp failure is not enough to to constitute or prove your argument. Have at it!

well i can throw this out there. i use to run a brutus 2600 5 years ago. ran it at like 0.7 ohm on 6 8 inch woofers. it went poof after about 8 months. but i also had a single run of power wire and NO battery backup and a terrible ground. this was when i was teh newb. maxxsonics didnt ask questions either, just swapped it out. nowadays i wonder how it lasted so long as im sure it always overheated.

i also had a forum boner amp blow on me that wasnt being ran below 1 ohm and it was also on a good battery bank, 2 Stinger sp1700s.

if theres one major fail in the car audio industry on amps.....hands down......

RD AUDIO 3250 v2 LAWWWWWL

pretty Impressive it lasted 8 months with that abuse lol

they need lots of juice at the rated 1ohm... and any amp will eventually pop being undervolted . I would bet at least 50% of amp failures are due to that 1 thing alone..

my 1606 ( 5 years old ) has been running at .5 nominal before rise with a stock 135 alt, 2 runs of 4 guage and a tiny hc600/bt20 battery with no issues ever..

they need lots of juice at the rated 1ohm... and any amp will eventually pop being undervolted . I would bet at least 50% of amp failures are due to that 1 thing alone.
I have yet to have someone explain how a lack of power can cause an amp to blow up... the fact is it can't, and the notion that it can is ridiculous...

Anyone who believes otherwise dosen't understand Ohm's law...

lower voltage requires higher amperage ( to make the same output ) which creates higher heat and exceeds the internal components thermal limits...

some direct quotes from people with degrees in the field...

Current=Power/Voltage

As voltage goes down, current has to go up to maintain the power. You will get to the point where the input section of the power supply can't keep up and **POOF** out comes the magic smoke

Power = Voltage * Current

Chris is correct, To maintain the voltage rails on the output of the power supply section, the input power must stay constant with the output. If the input voltage goes up, less current is needed, and if the voltage drops, the current goes up

If an amp is designed such that it does not shut off when too much current is being drawn by the power supply, that is just poor design. There are capacitors on the output rails of the power supply that supply current peaks to the amplifier section for high transients in music. If there is not enough capacitance and you keep running the amp beyond it's rated power and it doesn't shut down, somethings gotta give

and there is always the bible...

Basic Car Audio Electronics

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.