Tore the surround on my SA12

I have no idea how it happened, I was taking out the right SA12 so I could find out why my box was rattling so badly and then I look over and the surround magically developed a rip...

Must've accidentally leaned the other SA12 onto the one that ripped, these things are ******* sensitive haha.

I'll post a pic asap, it's only a small tear though.

One of my hd3 12s has has a small half inch rip in the surround for years and its never gotten any bigger.

Not sure if its the same kind of surround as an sa though.

The edges on the SA motors are pretty sharp, I wouldn't be surprised if the motor sliced it a bit.
Motor wasn't leaning on the other SA12 it was the outer edge of the surround, not sure what I would call that part of a subwoofer... haha

Trying to post a picture but my Ipod is being a little *****

goop/e6000 is usually the go too. looks like crap but usually holds pretty good. use that and a piece of thin fabric on the inside of the surround to strengthen the bond and prevent further tearing.

---------- Post added at 03:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 PM ----------

i wouldnt use e6000 on a surround, but rtv silicone should do the trick, it kept the surround on my ss xxx going for a while until i cut it apart.
this too, all of them work.

goop/e6000 is usually the go too. looks like crap but usually holds pretty good. use that and a piece of thin fabric on the inside of the surround to strengthen the bond and prevent further tearing. 

---------- Post added at 03:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 PM ----------

this too, all of them work.
Well I bought the RTV stuff and glued it up with a small piece of fabric like you said. How long should it wait to test it out again?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.