Troubleshooting an install

Participant count
  • Participant list

Goody625

Ill try to keep this as short as possible but I have ran onto a problem with an Alpine install. About 2 years ago I started messing with the sound system in my 2013 JK. I purchased Polk speakers all around and a small plug and play Alpine amp. I cut and spliced the factory harness to wire the amp in. I had problem after problem with this set up so I scrapped it all together and picked up the Alpine PSS20 WRA. Spent the weekend getting it all installed. I had to piece the factory harness back together and am fairly confident I got all the speaker wires back together right. I hooked the radio back up and all the speakers were working correctly as of Friday evening. Yesterday I pulled the passenger's seat out and installed the amp and powered sub. Plugged in the supplied "plug and play" wiring harness and reconnected the radio. When I turned everything on the amp and sub seem to be working but I have ZERO sound coming from the front left speaker. I hooked everything up on the amp end the way the instructions said. I have checked and re-checked all connections. Still nothing from the front left. When I removed the wiring harness and went back to "stock" the speaker was back.

Any thoughts on what may be the issue? It should be notes for transparency purposes that when I installed the Polks, I cut the factory plugs off and soldered the wires to each speaker. That being said I think I have the polarity right on each speaker but I guess theres a chance its not? How would that affect the speakers if I have the +/- mixed up?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sounds like your stock radio is messing around with you. On the much newer vehicles is more difficult to remove the stock audio to replace with aftermarket audio...speakers, amp, sub, etc.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.