troubleshooting - loud thud when changing source, radio station etc

Participant count
  • Participant list

loud1

Canada
total newbie here... I recently bought an old truck, complete with a newer stereo. I know how to use the truck, but not the stereo (mostly). Stereo includes a Pioneer DEH-2950MP receiver, an amplifier labelled DHD Power Cruiser NTX-2005 and a bunch of speakers including a big pair labelled "xXx".

yes... I have no idea what I own. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/redface.gif.62fdbfe1a101588a808c4cff71bcb942.gif but it sounds good. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

The trouble: when I change the radio station or source there is an unpleasant loud noise from the stereo (a "clunk", "thunk", or something like that, kind of like when speakers are plugged in to a stereo that already has power on).

I've looked at the operation manual for the receiver, and tried to run some on-line searches, but can't figure out 1) if I can get rid of this noise, and 2) how to get rid of this noise.

Any help on getting rid of the loud noise is appreciated.

i had this. ground the rcas to the head unit.

in other words, pull the radio out, grab some 18 gauge wire and wrap it around all the rca terminals on the back of the radio, and use one of the screws on the back of the radio to hold it down. pioneers are notorious for that

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.