upgrade from IDMAX???

well already have two 12" idmax's in a nissan maxima daily driver...not too much trunk space left
want space?

want the lows?

go IB //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I had two Idmaxs IB'd, and it was crazy.

well already have two 12" idmax's in a nissan maxima daily driver...not too much trunk space left
you want something that sounds better/louder than those two idmax's?? You must have horrible hearing haha cuz my one in a sealed box is plenty loud and i have never heard a better ounding sub.

well i finally took some pics of the box and im enclosed them here, do you think the box is too small?

i figured out that i have idmax 12d4's, but im not sure as to what version does anyone know if its written somewhere....

pic of d4

CIMG1171.jpg

CIMG1191.jpg

and some pics of the subs:

CIMG1173.jpg

Measurements.jpg

The box is 28" x 13" x 12.5"

And a small video

http://s36.photobucket.com/albums/e31/Ankit69/ID%20MAX/?action=view&current=CIMG1189.flv

Wow It looks like you just got to work on getting that bass into your cab, maybe your trunk is super sealed off for some reason. Maybe you could remove some material from the back deck and cover it with grill cloth?

also..

Your box internal is around 25 x 11 x 10 giving you 2 750 sqaure inches of volume

12 x 12 x 12 = 1 728 this is one cubic foot

so 2750 / 1728 and your box is around 1.6 cubic feet

which woudl be a little big for just one, but way too small for two.

How is it you have $900 in subs and dont know the VC or enclosure size?

N/M

So your gonna want another enclosure that is around 1.3 -1.5 per woofer to get optimal sound...

here is the PDF of the owners manual from Image DYnamics

http://www.imagedynamicsusa.com/pdf/IDMAX12-V3-D4-Spec.pdf

Wow It looks like you just got to work on getting that bass into your cab, maybe your trunk is super sealed off for some reason. Maybe you could remove some material from the back deck and cover it with grill cloth?also..

Your box internal is around 25 x 11 x 10 giving you 2 750 sqaure inches of volume

12 x 12 x 12 = 1 728 this is one cubic foot

so 2750 / 1728 and your box is around 1.6 cubic feet

which woudl be a little big for just one, but way too small for two.

How is it you have $900 in subs and dont know the VC or enclosure size?

N/M

So your gonna want another enclosure that is around 1.3 -1.5 per woofer to get optimal sound...

here is the PDF of the owners manual from Image DYnamics

http://www.imagedynamicsusa.com/pdf/IDMAX12-V3-D4-Spec.pdf

bought it from someone not on the forums, sounded nice in his car so i grabbed em.

You could try joining the ID forums and asking people there, I'm sure they could help out there, or possibly even contacting ID and seeing what they say.
I'm sure ID doesn't want to say that there are drivers better than theirs //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I loved my Idmax. What i loved about it so much was that you could push it to its limits and the bass never got sloppy. But i ended up clipping the **** out of mine and killed it. But if i were gonna build another SQL setup i would go with 2 idmax's over anything anyday of the week. Plus i like taking them apart and jerking off in the motor!!!!!!

I loved my Idmax. What i loved about it so much was that you could push it to its limits and the bass never got sloppy. But i ended up clipping the **** out of mine and killed it. But if i were gonna build another SQL setup i would go with 2 idmax's over anything anyday of the week. Plus i like taking them apart and jerking off in the motor!!!!!!
do an IB setup and put your face up to the motor when the bass hits, bet you'll like it.

eww man sauce on my face!!! No way!! LOL. no in all honesty though the idmax is an awesome driver. Just keep it within its mechanical and thermal limits and it will reward you with some of the best bass that you have ever heard.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.