UPS brings the flip-out DVD/GPS. Lots of pics.

ultimate157
5,000+ posts

Engineering Student
UPS delivered my dad's Kenwood flipout unit today. First impressions: ******* that's a lot of wire. If you can fit a double din, DO IT. I helped my brother install his in-dash Kenwood dvd unit (double din), and this install won't be nearly as easy.

I will be installing this in a 2006 Subaru Legacy. Plans are to put the hide-away units under the rear seat, and put the GPS antenna on the rear deck lid.

I am pretty impressed with the quality of this unit. Nice wire, as well as over great quality on the materials used (Plastic does not look or feel cheap at all)

On to the pics:

01Boxes.jpg

02HeadUnit.jpg

03HeadUnitFace.jpg

09HeadunitFace.jpg

04Hideaway.jpg

05HideawayConnections.jpg

06GPSUnit.jpg

07GPSUnitConnections.jpg

08GPSUnit.jpg

Nice man..
If you dont mind, how much did all that cost you?
$840 on sonicelectronix.

5 hours later and its still not finished. This install blows. All 3 units have their own wiring harness, as well as cables to interconnect each one. Running the wires from the trunk to the HU under the carpet and rear seat proved to be one hell of a battle.

I have the flip out installed in the dash and all the wires run to the trunk. Thats as far as I got though. Too cold/dark to continue.

Hopefully will finish tomorrow.

Got it all installed. Looks amazing.

I give the video quality an A+. Ridiculously smooth lines, no jagged edges. I'm surprised on how good the screen is for being 1/4" thick !

01Installed.jpg

03Video.jpg

If you didn't know, thats the first Matrix (Bomb in elevator)

When you get it installed and try out a dvd make sure to flip the switch on the side of the remote to dvd before you think the unit is bad and you can't play dvd's.

I do not know this from first hand experience.. lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.