Flip out stereo that is bigger than 7 inches??

Participant count
  • Participant list

Bruce Cowgill

CarAudio.com Newbie
Idaho
Hello, I seem to remember a flip out (motorized retractable) stereo that was bigger than 7 inches lcd but I can't seem to find any trace of it on the internet. It came out of the head unit sideways and then rotated. Not sure what the screen size was. Anybody know who made this?

They are limited to 7 inches because that is the DIN industry standard width. I don't think that any of the flip or slide outs will be different but if they did, it would be specific to a car model dash that doesn't conform to the industry standard which would be very unusual - and expensive!

Last edited:
Hello, I seem to remember a flip out (motorized retractable) stereo that was bigger than 7 inches lcd but I can't seem to find any trace of it on the internet. It came out of the head unit sideways and then rotated. Not sure what the screen size was. Anybody know who made this?
As previously stated, very difficult. Have you. ruled out the large screen android units. They don't retract completely, but you can move them.

Back in the day there was some that went directly into the dash and then came out when powered on. Some of those were bigger then the size you are looking for and many of them were gold caged head units made by Alpine, Kenwood and a couple others. Some still use them as they were good for SQ head units and couple of them had fully functional DSP's built into them. But they go for a premium IF you can find them for sale on DIYMA or eBay.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...