voicecoil wiring options

I need to know how to wire this combo or should i get a 2 channel amp thanks!!

Sub: Kicker Model: 05CVR124

* 12" Subwoofer with dual 4-ohm voice coils

* Suitable for marine use or harsh automotive environments

* Double-stitched, foam-ribbed Santoprene rubber surround

* SoloKon aluminum-treated composite cone with Santoprene surround

* High density ultra-stiff basket

* Power handling: 400 RMS watts (200 watts per voice coil)

* Peak power: 1500 watts

* Frequency response: 20-200 Hz

* Sensitivity: 88 dB@1w/M

* Mounting depth: 6-5/8"

* Sealed enclosure volume: 1.00-2.00 cubic feet

* Vented enclosure volume: 1.75-3.25 cu. ft.

And amp: Audiobahn Model: A8000T

Class A/B MOSFET Circuitry

PWM MOSFET Power Supply

Semi-Double Sided Glass Epoxy Circuit Board

THD : 0.02%

S/N Ratio > 100dB

Frequency Response : 10Hz - 40Hz (+ / - 1dB)

Variable 18dB High Pass Crossover : 50Hz- 750Hz

Variable 18dB Low Pass Crossover : 50Hz- 120Hz

Bass boost on / off

Subsonic Filter :20Hz - 50Hz

RCA Throughput Connections

3-way Protection Circuitry : Thermal, Short Circuit, Overload, Cooling Fans

Cobalt Blue Illumination

High Gloss Chrome Plated Finish

Nickel Plated Block Terminals

Air Induction Fan Cooled

RCA and Speaker Level Inputs

4 Ohms Stereo : N /A

2 Ohms Stereo : N /A

4 Ohms Mono : 800 x 1

2 Ohms Mono : N /A

Dimension(H x W x D) : 1 7/8" x 9 7/8" x 11 7/8"

so if i have a dual voice coil sub how do i get 4 ohms i see in the pics 4 ohm =2ohm load and 2 ohm = 4ohm so would that be it? and if i have a 800 watt mono amp it says " 4ohms Mono : 800 x 1 " so it would be - to + to the sub then the other - and + go straight onto the amp to split them up to 2 ohm load to each coil so it would equal 4 ohms?? right thanks!

so if i have a dual voice coil sub how do i get 4 ohms i see in the pics 4 ohm =2ohm load and 2 ohm = 4ohm so would that be it? and if i have a 800 watt mono amp it says " 4ohms Mono : 800 x 1 " so it would be - to + to the sub then the other - and + go straight onto the amp to split them up to 2 ohm load to each coil so it would equal 4 ohms?? right thanks!
depends on if your sub is dual 2 or dual 4 ohms. then find the diagram for your impedence sub, and wire it like it shows to 4 ohms. but it seems like you have a dvc 2 ohm sub so wiring it in series would get your 4 ohms you want.

ok im really really confused that my head is on fire lol. my amp says 500 watts RMS x 1 bridged output at 4 ohms 1000 watt max and my subs says 12" Subwoofer with dual 4-ohm voice coils 400 watts rms 800 watt max now i have found a wiring diagram.

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/wiringwizard.asp?WoofQty=2+woofers&WoofImp=Dual+Voice+Coil+-+4+ohms+x+2

so my ? is with the two subs its a 4 ohm load to the amp now to when i bridge it it will be 500 watts to each cuz its a 1000 watt amp. but i really dont understand how to bridge nor what it does. so will the ohm load match and how do i bridge it? thanks:)

Your amplifier is 1000w max, not rms. Each sub will see 250wrms if you wire it properly.

And the way you bridge will depend upon the directions of the amplifier manufacturer. Look into it.

so what if u have a dual 2 ohm sub and a mono amp that is stable for 2 ohm and i want it to be 2 ohm the diagrams show a total of 1 ohm and then 4 ohm loads so if i want the amp to have a 2 ohm load then would i buy a 4 ohm speaker that will equall 2 ohm to the amp? i thought u had to match the ohms up and the lower ohms the more bass u will get. so then what combo should i do?

ps> im getting 1 sub and a mono amp.

Call me an idiot but I need unconfused.

Running (2) Dual voice coil 2 ohm subs with 2 ohm wiring options will approximately double the rms power of the amp (If the amp can do that) but do the subs share the power or will each one receive the max output.

EX. A 375Wx1 rms amp @ 4 ohm runs 750Wx1 rms @ 2 ohm. When @ the 2 ohm level will each speaker get 750W or share it and get 375W each.

Thanks in advance

Call me an idiot but I need unconfused.
Running (2) Dual voice coil 2 ohm subs with 2 ohm wiring options will approximately double the rms power of the amp (If the amp can do that) but do the subs share the power or will each one receive the max output.

EX. A 375Wx1 rms amp @ 4 ohm runs 750Wx1 rms @ 2 ohm. When @ the 2 ohm level will each speaker get 750W or share it and get 375W each.

Thanks in advance
they will split the rms power each.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.