voicecoil wiring options

edit: to get a 4ohm load, you need to wire in series not parallel //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif and it doesn't matter how many boxes you have
my bad , i didnt realize sorry!!!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

If I have a sub with dual .7ohm coils, how would I wire it to a viper 1200.1?? Would it have to be wired to something around 2 ohms? That would only give me about 800 watts. Is there anyway to get it closer to 1 ohm for the full 1000 watts?

P.S, I did a seach and came up with nothing.

i just got 2 Boston G510-44 subs i am going to run them with a boston GT-24 amp the amp will run stable in mono at 2 ohms. on the subs there is a blade fuses for 2ohm or 8ohm configuration and only one positive post and one negative post (here is a picture http://www.crutchfield.com/S-EJV3ygEBenl/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=520&id=morephotos&pi=4&i=065G51044&display=XL#Tab )

when they are in 2 ohm settings can wire them in series so i can run 2 ohms mono thanks guys i have wired DVC subs before but this configuration is driving me nuts

whoa i just read alot of this and im either dumb or it cant happen...

How do i wire a 4ohm DVC sub to keep 4 ohms on a 2 channel amp?

i would hook up one set of positive and negative. then run off the other positive and negative to hook into the amp! but hey i got kind of a problem...my friends wanting me to hook up his alpine type Rs and theyre DVC 12s 300rms but one is a D4 and ones a D2. how can i wire these up to stay at or above 2 ohms? i know that one is gonna draw more power but he dont care. Thanks in advance!

DB

Is it alright to run 1 ohm daily with 2 l7's hooked to hifonics goliath xx II with 280 amp ALT and hc2400 in trunk. Would i have any problems? thanks

hey do u think that any of u could post the wiring options for a single sub? svc and dvc...i cant find it anywhere and like the other person said getting a single sub down to one ohm would be tight!! also...i have a friend that wants to hear his type r's hooked up...both 12 inch 300 rms dvc but one is 2 ohm and 1 is 4 ohm..how would i wire these (series??????) to keep them at 2 ohms or above? thank u for your time!!

DB

is this the correct way to wire a quad 1 ohm voice coil sub to 1 ohm?

d165d80b.jpg

I am gonna wire up 2 2ohm Type R's to a 2 ohm load. Which of these diagrams would I use. I am using one amp, and I have a custom made box with one chamber for both subs and two terminal cups on the back to run the wires through. How would I go about even beginning to do this? I am a tard when it comes to wiring up subs. Could someone maybe even draw me up a diagram or something? That would help A LOT.

What is the difference between these? Does it all depend on what sub it is? Right now I have a 4 ohm sub wired up, so if I got a 2 ohm sub, could I just keep my current wiring and switch the subs out? (my amp DOES support two ohms)

2_4ohmDVC_4ohm.gif

2_2ohmDVC_2ohm.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.