Volt meter. where to mount?

If you do a nice job and it dosent look like ***** i wouldnt be too worried. sell the car with it when the time comes

ill put some pics up tomorrow. I'm thinking middle console. but i don't want it to be too bright at night.. already got one of my amps power lights (bright blue) bouncing right off the windshield into my eyes... fml.. and the electrical tape isn't holding over it. (vibrations and cold weather)

I disagree with them. Dont go chopping up your car to mount this. If you had a crappy car it would be different. An 09 is only 3 years old, keep that in mind. If you use double sided tape or velcro to mount it somewhere, make sure its not TOO strong because when you pull it off it takes some of the material with it.

I looked your car up online.. it looks like theres a small pocket under your gear selector. BUT, I dont know if thats easily replaceable or not. Im mounting mine in the pocket under my radio since I dont use it, and that pocket is very easily replaceable for about 5$.

velcro or tape always looks ghetto to me. but thats just me. I'd try to find a place to mount it flush that is hardly noticeable, but easy enough to see while driving. I don't think any potential buyer would be opposed to that, it is a good thing to have a volt meter installed.....even though the gauges might already have a voltage meter.

Bahhh grow some nuts and cut a hole... Dnt buy a cheap meter and boom it should look almost stock and is a great feature to have for the future owner of your car. I would have loved it if my car came with a nice one mounted in the dash when I bought it in 04.... As long as u do it clean in no way does it devalue the car at all.

I disagree with them. Dont go chopping up your car to mount this. If you had a crappy car it would be different. An 09 is only 3 years old, keep that in mind. If you use double sided tape or velcro to mount it somewhere, make sure its not TOO strong because when you pull it off it takes some of the material with it.
I looked your car up online.. it looks like theres a small pocket under your gear selector. BUT, I dont know if thats easily replaceable or not. Im mounting mine in the pocket under my radio since I dont use it, and that pocket is very easily replaceable for about 5$.
Will come off very easy with 50+%of alcohol that you can buy at the Dollar General Store.Lifts the sticky substance right up , no issues,:naughty:Use smaller sized velcro than the unit, and it looks clean,and not permanent,I did a pair of tweets on a dash in an 87 Toyo s-cab in 89.worked great

Yeah that pocket is fixed to the console. Its one whole piece. Im thinking Velcro. But cutting wouldn't be too bad cuz there is no factory volt gauge.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.