Way to cover door holes w/o welding?

self-tapping screws and plexiglass. You can also use liquid nails to give it an airtight seal if you don't plan on ever needing to remove it.

I used a roll of thin aluminum roofing flashing (available at HD, Lowe's), covered it in sound deadener mat and screwed it in using self-tapping screws. HUGE improvement in quieting road noise and improving midbass response from the doors.

I used a roll of thin aluminum roofing flashing (available at HD, Lowe's), covered it in sound deadener mat and screwed it in using self-tapping screws. HUGE improvement in quieting road noise and improving midbass response from the doors.
interesting. i was thinking of just fiberglassing up some panels to use to cover my door panel openings. i kind of like the sheet metal one but how much did you spend on it? seems a little pricey for all the needed materials no?

Pretty cheap: http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Navigation?Ntk=AllProps&N=10000003+503077+3035+10112001&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053&langId=-1&omni=p_Less%20than%20$50

It's the deadening mat that costs ;>

If you go this route, just be sure to pick a roll that has the height to completely cover the largest hole you're covering. Stuff is really easy to cut with tin snips or the like so you can cut to the specs of any of the door holes. Recommend leaving an inch or so all around and trimming it as necessary after it's been deadened and screwed in.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.