What does the db sensitivity db spl mean?

• Thread starter <kickaruz>
  • Start date
  • Replies 3
  • Views 7K
    Participant count
  • Participant list
&

<kickaruz>

What does it mean like the kicker comp has 87.7 and like the polk ex has 92 does that mean that the polk would have more spl and bass or what i am sorta mixed up on this i am not new to car audio but i just know basic stuff so i have no clue about this plezz help.

Theoretically it is a sensitivity rating
It is supposed to be a measurement taken with a mic set 1 meter from the speaker. And the speaker would get one watt power. However like most marketing crap these numbers are not always reliable

Once again theoreticaly the higher the number. The more sensitive the speaker. What translates to in english is. The higher the number the less power the sub needs to get loud basically. There is alot more involved but this is the general idea behind it.

[ 01-01-2002: Message edited by: ramos ]

So subs with more sensitivity have more bass seinsitivty the higher you go?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.