What is the best head unit at the moment Single din?

A lot of people hate on the Clarion even though it has almost all the features the 80 PRS offers. Time alignment, active capable, higher voltage pressure outs. The only thing I don't care for is the screen is a little dim.
How is a 5 band eq, preset limited time alignment figures, crappy 6 to 12db slope selections the lack of independent left right eq tuning anywhere close to an 80 prs?

Its single 24 bit dac vs three dedicated burr brown dacs on the 80prs

Both rated 5 volt preouts. Such misinformed claims....

Go out in California summers and you wont see sh*t with that poor display.

Hands down.......Bluetooth® Car Stereo with MP3 | RSX-GS9 | Sony US I have this deck in my demo board and one is going into the vehicle we are building for the store...
Build log much?

yo keep us updated. Good to see sony making a pretty big comeback. Ever since the GS released line i've seen their quality go up along with the sony mex 100bt head units. Do you play flac on a USB or store bought CDs or tidal streaming?

Clarion is trash their build quality dont last

also they lack lots of features like bur brown dacs and their power mof set is a joke,

sony is a good product maker,aline, and may be high end pioneer i never had pioneer but i owned sony xb100bt

and alpine x305s

both was very nice and well build players!

Build log much? Do you play flac on a USB or store bought CDs or tidal streaming?
I've been doing them off usb using DSD files downloaded from HDtracks.....as far as the FLAC though, that's off usb as well for all the other decks.

Clarion is trash their build quality dont lastalso they lack lots of features like bur brown dacs and their power mof set is a joke,

sony is a good product maker,aline, and may be high end pioneer i never had pioneer but i owned sony xb100bt

and alpine x305s

well sony used to be garbage horrible.... like holy sh*t why is this on the market?!?!?! bad... but they are improving a lot.

Clarion is trash their build quality dont lastalso they lack lots of features like bur brown dacs and their power mof set is a joke,

and alpine x305s

Ok since I have a Clarion HU, I have to defend this statement. Have you ever owned a Clarion HU? I have no issues with mine and had it since end of summer last year.

It was TaylorFade that suggested this HU too. To me anyway, long ago.

Different strokes for different folks I guess. It's not made for everybody.

yes i still own clarion Dxz588rusb , i bought it for 300$ its piece of crap now i cant sold it even for 50$ his volume button stuck , second his Cables outputs broke their are made from low quality autorized service charged me 50$ just to fix them and after 1 hour their broke again so i now i cant use my 6 chanell output and aux.... i am definetely not happy from all branda hu i owned clarion is the lowest possible quality, i use electricity from my car directly from my car battery when i go with volume up clarion auro shut downs otger brands dont hsve this problem with mof set... etcs problems are endless with clarion.

Clarion has common amp guard misfire issues. Happens to my buddy's cz702 as well. Clarion even states after doing the troubleshooting that you need to send it in for rma. Stupid garbage feature anyways to be honest.

Clarion has common amp guard misfire issues. Happens to my buddy's cz702 as well. Clarion even states after doing the troubleshooting that you need to send it in for rma. Stupid garbage feature anyways to be honest.
Since it was new till this day this unit clarion crap have only issues....

cheap and garbage components insides i guess .

Clarion has common amp guard misfire issues.

is there any fix for this?

Since it was new till this day this unit clarion crap have only issues....cheap and garbage components insides i guess .

Clarion has common amp guard misfire issues.

is there any fix for this?
turn off internal amp, run external amp. If it doesnt work then you need to send it in for repair VIA clarion's instructions. Totally useless feature that causes way more trouble then it can help.

Can we please get a build log! I take it you will use a Walkman for DSD audio?
We're planning on taking lots of pictures and I'll try to remember to post them and I'm not quite sure I follow about the Walkman, why would I use a Walkman for the DSD audio instead of the RSX-GS9????

Intersting. I'll keep my eye open for this. Do you know approx when it happened to him after he had it?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.