What was your worst car audio mistake ...

Buying a sony xplod HU from wally world //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gifBut I learned my lesson, went from the xplod to a Pioneer 880 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
You're a fool Ryan.

The worst thing that i did was with my very first system. i had my buddy who knew a lot bout car audio at the time install my whole system. he did and excelent job and all the wires where hidden and it was all clean. so my dumdass after its been installed for about a couple weeks desides to play wit the amp, you kno gain and fre. etc. so i un plug the amp cause i wanted it somewhere else, so then when i went to go wire it back up i put the POWER WIRE ON THE GROUND and the GROUND WIRE ON THE POWER big big mistake!!! so then oviesly the amp was blown and i had to call mtx and send it in to get fixed for $100.

Ive wired up my four DVC 4 ohm subs to .5 ohm before when trying to get a 2ohm load....

Fired it up for the first time on low gains and the subs got smelly REALLY quick, busted out the dmm and found my problem pretty quickly though... scary!! and a big waste of time, takes a while to put all those subs together

well since u were talking about your mmats ill mention my mistake,trying to daily my modded mmats d300hc at 0.5 ohm with stock electrical,worked out great until i decided to showoff and idle my truck and forgot all about the voltage and POP...smoked filled the truck and it smelled great for days!

Going to Best Buy, paying retail for my first HU and my first amp and letting them install everything was definitely my biggest car audio mistake. My second biggest mistake was believing Best Buy when they told me they had all the crossovers set on my new amp. I turned it up and blew my front speakers on the way home because there was no high pass set. Now that I'm not in high school anymore and I've got 4 years of college (electrical engineering) under my belt, I'm not afraid to do anything to my vehicles anymore. Since I've been doing everything on my car, I've had no problems with anything or mistakes, knock on wood. Well, I did melt my 9/16 wrench under the hood of my car when I was putting a power wire in for some under-the-dash lighting I was installing. The wrench was a little longer than I thought and I grounded it. That wasn't car audio though.

I had been wondering, what happens when you do that? Any serious damage? Heat? Bad sound?
Actually....nothing. They sounded fine, nothing ever broke. I ran them for like a year before I sold them to a friend. And the last I knew he was still running them. And it honestly didn't sound any louder when I wired up the other coils...

Oh yeah this isn't car audio related but it's funny as hell....I was replacing the shocks that hold my trunk lid up...well I had the lid up, I was laying in the trunk with my legs hanging out the back...and nothing supporting the lid, lol. So as soon as I popped the second shock off, that lid came slamming down right on my shins...

If that isn't bad enough, I did it again like 10 minutes later!

When I got my first amp I was so excited that I kept hooking up the ground and power up backwards and kept blowing fuses and I didn't know why until like 5 fuses later.

Oh yeah this isn't car audio related but it's funny as hell....I was replacing the shocks that hold my trunk lid up...well I had the lid up, I was laying in the trunk with my legs hanging out the back...and nothing supporting the lid, lol. So as soon as I popped the second shock off, that lid came slamming down right on my shins...
If that isn't bad enough, I did it again like 10 minutes later!

Owie //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.