whats a better sub?

Believe it was just a sub swap. So......yeah.

Not that I really care cause it is a burp truck correct. And I own DD which is supreme in the car audio world. Swerve

Place 5k watts on a 50hz sine wave and see if a DD Z will last 5 minutes.
Same concept except in my post it was for dynamic power aka music.

Short bursts of even 3k wont kill a hdc3 either, but id stay in the 2-2.5k

Sent from my draconis using Tapatalk
DD-Z AFAIK uses 8 layer coil which should hang a bit better than 4 layer used by HDC3. Being able to "most likely" run a 2500W amp into one is NOT the same as it handling 2500W.

Just means the enclosure was more suited for the SQ. tar tar 

---------- Post added at 11:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 AM ----------

Noloud said DD z rated at 1500-2k coil
You sound salty man. Don't hate cause them sundowns can't take it. 

---------- Post added at 11:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 AM ----------

Sq subs same setup gained like 2 db over his DD 99's what ya got to say hugger boy
99 uses 4" coil which is less efficient than 3". That said 2dB difference is more likely a box or impedance issue more than the subs being that much "better".

Omg enough with that 50hz sine wave Bs!!! No one drivers around playing a 50hz tone.
We clamp over 3k per nsv3 coil daily! That's a 3" coil. Yea it can be done. Yes your an idiot pulling that 50hz sine wave card.
NSv3 coil is at least twice the mass and volume of HDC3 coil (it's really beefy) and if you don't think people drive around playing clipped sine waves you haven't got out much to see what passes for "music". This topic has come up before and I posted 4 or 5 links to songs where the bass line is pretty much a straight sine wave. If your definition of "music" is Waylon Jennings, sure 2500 no problem to a 3" 4 layer coil, if it's Jeezy/Lil Wayne/etc. you're often in straight sine wave territory.

I'd agree, clamped, they'll be lucky to take 1500 on a 40-50hz sine wave for more than a five minutes, but on a 2.5k + normal rise then they should be fine with a clean signal.
"Should be fine". Assuming your definition of "music" is something dynamic, assuming you're not playing a frequency where your amp sees closer to nominal impedance, and assuming OP has the smarts to turn it down at the early signs of trouble. My rule of thumb is that if they're in here asking, they have no business trying to run more than rated power to a driver, and if we aren't willing to warranty their gear if they manage to break it we shouldn't recommend they try.

DD-Z AFAIK uses 8 layer coil which should hang a bit better than 4 layer used by HDC3. Being able to "most likely" run a 2500W amp into one is NOT the same as it handling 2500W.

99 uses 4" coil which is less efficient than 3". That said 2dB difference is more likely a box or impedance issue more than the subs being that much "better".

NSv3 coil is at least twice the mass and volume of HDC3 coil (it's really beefy) and if you don't think people drive around playing clipped sine waves you haven't got out much to see what passes for "music". This topic has come up before and I posted 4 or 5 links to songs where the bass line is pretty much a straight sine wave. If your definition of "music" is Waylon Jennings, sure 2500 no problem to a 3" 4 layer coil, if it's Jeezy/Lil Wayne/etc. you're often in straight sine wave territory.

"Should be fine". Assuming your definition of "music" is something dynamic, assuming you're not playing a frequency where your amp sees closer to nominal impedance, and assuming OP has the smarts to turn it down at the early signs of trouble. My rule of thumb is that if they're in here asking, they have no business trying to run more than rated power to a driver, and if we aren't willing to warranty their gear if they manage to break it we shouldn't recommend they try.
No clue to be honest. Them type of vehicles really don't peak my interest I can appreciate the work involved into building them. People were throwing clamped coil numbers.

Omg enough with that 50hz sine wave Bs!!! No one drivers around playing a 50hz tone.
We clamp over 3k per nsv3 coil daily! That's a 3" coil. Yea it can be done. Yes your an idiot pulling that 50hz sine wave card.

Sry I get alittle cray cray sometimes

Sry I get alittle cray cray sometimes
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/santa.gif.e1ec9cf2e0a0dd232ad35aa594a126d0.gif it's all good man. I'm bored and decided to troll a bit. Noloud didn't take the bait

holy engineer lol you guys dont mess around. so where can i get these things online? is there a store you guys go to for good price and reliable? when you say 2.5k handle well you mean rms? sorry im super new to the sound game. sorry for much questions.

I have the hds208s and love them. I checked resistance I'm at 1ohm right at the amp. On a synergy audio who 15.1. If the 8s can take this much power I'm sure the rest of sq line up does very nicely.

thanks for that input man i really do appreciate it. now i can get a really good picture on what im buying. if anyone has any suggestions on anything in that price range or better performance with amp suggestions id really appreciate it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.