whats your pick for best hu :

zfactor
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
usa
this includes all but anything that needs extra procces. like the p9 and h701....this will be used for a mild active setup.looking primarily for best sq from the unit.... my choices are these available to me currently:

eclipse cd8455 (i currently own)

eclipse cd7000 (much nicer styling and like the detach face)

alpine cda-9835 (old but can get a new one)

alpine cda-9855

kenwood xxv-01d (or current replacement forget the new model ##)

pioneer deh-880prs (wait for it to come in)

clarion 9255 (only reason i havent bought one is lack of mp3 playback, i know they dont sound the best but i have tons of them, also nice for a long trip to only have to have a few discs with you since i drive a lot)

i love my eclipse a lot but.... looks like crap in the car. just doesnt blend well at all...my dash is all black no silver at all and all the silver on this thing just sticks out like crazy...if its best for what i want ill live with it i guess...lol

what im mainly concerned with is available eq and overall performance, dont care about stupid extra features just want the basics + good eq and sq. dont have much experience with the last few years alpines so im unsure of those.

The DRZ should have noticeably better sound than the other units. It also costs 2-3x as much and doesn't have a detachable face (but it's sooooo much better looking than the others) . I would personally try to tuck away a P9 processor if possible, as it will give you much more tuning flexibility and the optical wiring should prevent noise from entering the system. It is like 5x as expensive as some of your options, though.

yeah i know this is for a daily driven work car.. so i dont want to invest a fortune in the hu.. i am doing a really nice system though and i have the car for a while. since i have all the speakers and amps already i want to go active. its gonna be a 3 way set in front so im trying to stick to a hu with a mid level price tag...

The best HU's are in Japan..

**** they got some sexy sh_t over there..

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

me i would go with cd7000, but thats just me... i just love it soooo much, many tuning, 7-band eq, very good looking:drool: , 5-volt, detachable face, memory stick, eclipse! lool

wicked deck, it is just very expensive though..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.