which mufflers for my suburban?

Ridinhi
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
I have a 1993 Suburban and am looking to get dual exhaust. I have heard many cars/trucks with Flowmasters and really like the sound of most. But I see many compliments on the Magnaflow mufflers. any one with any experiences with the two? Im looking for that deep sound when you get on it but not soo aggressive at idle. Which of the 2 mufflers and which series?

Flowmaster super 44's are ok..not enough of a differnce from all the other flowmasters that have been the same sounding in the 80's. The hooker aerochambers arent bad...pretty quiet at idle. Magnaflows come into version the oval case standard series and the round case" race" series which are louder. You are basically going to have to go to youtube and listen to trucks likes yours with different brand aftermarket exhaust set-ups

Flowmaster super 44's are ok..not enough of a differnce from all the other flowmasters that have been the same sounding in the 80's. The hooker aerochambers arent bad...pretty quiet at idle. Magnaflows come into version the oval case standard series and the round case" race" series which are louder. You are basically going to have to go to youtube and listen to trucks likes yours with different brand aftermarket exhaust set-ups
thanks for the info

I don't like the sound of Flo Masters. They are a straight aluminum chamber, which in my opinion makes them sound quite hollow. If I were going with that type of muffler I would go with the Borla as well.

Personally I like the Magnaflow, since they are a packed design they get a much deeper, throatier sound. I don't know much about either muffle at idle however.

And don't straight pipe a Chevy small block. It is ignorant loud, sounds like ass, and takes away from your motor's life.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.