Which Welding Cable Brand do you prefer?

Is it safe to run negative and positive cable ziptied to each other? To make wrong look cleaner with less wiring spread out throughout engine bay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it safe to run negative and positive cable ziptied to each other? To make wrong look cleaner with less wiring spread out throughout engine bay

I have never had a problem with doing so ?

I didn’t think there would be any either, just thought I’d ask

And you could use the zip ty method where you zip ty them together and add a zip ty around the first ty in between the wires ? Know what I mean ? Hard to discribe ?

And you could use the zip ty method where you zip ty them together and add a zip ty around the first ty in between the wires ? Know what I mean ? Hard to discribe ?

Yeah I know what you mean I saw it in a video somewhere. It creates a little gap between the two cables right?

Yeah I know what you mean I saw it in a video somewhere. It creates a little gap between the two cables right?

Ya exactly and makes it look clean too.

man that looks excellent! no corrosion is a good thing. if you run it and keep it warm it should keep the moisture out but i chose the tinned wire because i live in New Orleans and i rater be safe than sorry.i paid my *** off for it though. i think it was 200 a spool..
I wish I only paid 200 a spool for my Stinger power wire I paid 250 for a 50 foot roll of the pro series not even the better HPM or top-of-the-line expert series back when I was trying to support local business and buy s*** locally but that was really just an excuse to cover up me being scared of bank accounts and online shopping AKA scammers/ fraud/ people being able to steal my money without ever being in eyesight or Arms Reach

I wish I only paid 200 a spool for my Stinger power wire I paid 250 for a 50 foot roll of the pro series not even the better HPM or top-of-the-line expert series back when I was trying to support local business and buy s*** locally but that was really just an excuse to cover up me being scared of bank accounts and online shopping AKA scammers/ fraud/ people being able to steal my money without ever being in eyesight or Arms Reach
It's wasnt cheap

Finally going to start running power wire for sub build.

Regarding (+) alternator to (+) battery fusing, do I want the fuse as close to the (+) battery terminal as possible?

With same respect, I’m using a distribution block to split a 0 Gauge wire into 2 amplifiers (1) 0 Gauge and (1) 4 Gauge wire, do I place the fuse as close to distribution block or closest to each amp?

I would think as close to the distribution block since that’s sending the power and amps only drawing power?

Finally going to start running power wire for sub build. Regarding (+) alternator to (+) battery fusing, do I want the fuse as close to the (+) battery terminal as possible?

With same respect, I’m using a distribution block to split a 0 Gauge wire into 2 amplifiers (1) 0 Gauge and (1) 4 Gauge wire, do I place the fuse as close to distribution block or closest to each amp?

I would think as close to the distribution block since that’s sending the power and amps only drawing power?

Close to the battery and close to your distsro block. Part of the point is to protect you from fire if something bad happens to the cable.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.