Will these svc subs outperform these dvc subs?

I have kenwood w2511 svc subs in my truck the box has 1.86cu per chamber and my dad gave me a pair of kicker cvr07 4ohm dvc subs. I am running a ma hk398 600w rms mono. Shud i keep my kenwoods or replace with the kickers?
That's a lot of air for a sealed 10.

Are they sealed or ported?

Most kickers, I've dealt with, like small boxes as well. Is there some reason you don't want to run a larger driver, if you have a box that big? There are even 15's that will comfortably run in a sealed box that size.

That's a lot of air for a sealed 10.
Are they sealed or ported?

Most kickers, I've dealt with, like small boxes as well. Is there some reason you don't want to run a larger driver, if you have a box that big? There are even 15's that will comfortably run in a sealed box that size.
lol its a sealed box

i bought it for 40 bucks so i though it was a deal!

lol its a sealed box i bought it for 40 bucks so i though it was a deal!
That's a HUGE box for sealed 10's. I would consider that you make a project out of building a new box with your dad, or if there's room, stuff some larger cones in there. I can't think of a single car audio 10 that should need 1.86ft3 per woofer sealed, without it being a very compromised design. At that size, your woofer is almost in free air, and you're seriously limiting your output and power handling because of it. MDF at your large hardware store of choice isn't too expensive. Have them do the main cuts, as MDF can be a new experience to work with, if you haven't dealt with it before.

If you want, I'll run the TS specs through bassboxpro, and see what I can come up with. Just post the TS, or link to the manual, but I'd have to guess you're using way too large a box. Even ported, that would be a pretty big enclosure for small box 10's.

That's a HUGE box for sealed 10's. I would consider that you make a project out of building a new box with your dad, or if there's room, stuff some larger cones in there. I can't think of a single car audio 10 that should need 1.86ft3 per woofer sealed, without it being a very compromised design. At that size, your woofer is almost in free air, and you're seriously limiting your output and power handling because of it. MDF at your large hardware store of choice isn't too expensive. Have them do the main cuts, as MDF can be a new experience to work with, if you haven't dealt with it before.
If you want, I'll run the TS specs through bassboxpro, and see what I can come up with. Just post the TS, or link to the manual, but I'd have to guess you're using way too large a box. Even ported, that would be a pretty big enclosure for small box 10's.
Hate to sound like a noob

but wat is "ts" ?

could i make the holes on my box bigger and sell both kicker and kenwoods and run some 12's or am i dreaming?

Hate to sound like a noobbut wat is "ts" ?

could i make the holes on my box bigger and sell both kicker and kenwoods and run some 12's or am i dreaming?
TS, or Thiele-Small, is a set of standards for measuring the design parameters of your woofer. It's usually listed in the manual, or at the manufacturers website. Fs, Q, Xmax, and so on. People much smarter than us, came up with a way to calculate everything out. They named the math formulas after themselves.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thiele/Small

It's essentially how we calculate what type of box a speaker should be in, the size of it, and so on.

I haven't done it by hand in a long time, because there's good software that makes it much faster to do now.

Quite possibly, yes. I'd need to know the measurements, but a box that big could very well support sealed 12's. In fact a lot of 12's would be very happy in that airspace.

This is site gives best info on my subs and where I bought them from http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_8573_Kenwood+KFC-W2511.html

My box dimensions

Length1 = 16.5in

Length2 = 19.25in

Height = 13in

Width = 30in

Please dont laugh at me but i just went to my truckrecalculated and found out my both was even larger then what I had jus said lol
Ok, the box might be tight for 12's. It depends on how they measure the height, but it might be close.

Here's a copy and paste from crutchfield for box size recommendations, for the kenwoods:

# sealed box volume: 0.6-1.5 cu. ft.

# ported box volume: 0.75-1.75 cu. ft.

You're way too large. You could probably fit 4 of those in that box.

I'm going to go back to my prior suggestion. Your dad gave you woofers as a present? He sounds like a pretty cool guy. Why not re-build your box with him, or consider building a box for 12's or 15's? You'd be surprised at how cheap it can be to do it, and you'll learn a crap load about car audio when you build it.

If you have that much air space to use, you could really run a much larger cone setup, and get more bang for your dollar by doing so.

Ok, the box might be tight for 12's. It depends on how they measure the height, but it might be close.
Here's a copy and paste from crutchfield for box size recommendations, for the kenwoods:

# sealed box volume: 0.6-1.5 cu. ft.

# ported box volume: 0.75-1.75 cu. ft.

You're way too large. You could probably fit 4 of those in that box.

I'm going to go back to my prior suggestion. Your dad gave you woofers as a present? He sounds like a pretty cool guy. Why not re-build your box with him, or consider building a box for 12's or 15's? You'd be surprised at how cheap it can be to do it, and you'll learn a crap load about car audio when you build it.

If you have that much air space to use, you could really run a much larger cone setup, and get more bang for your dollar by doing so.
He is very cool but lazy..lol we dont have many tools but like a hammer screwdrivers and rachet etc..

By u saying a larger cone setup wat does that mean?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.