Will this pair be a good combo? (MEX-N4150BT + XS-FB1630)

Participant count
  • Participant list

Sharif

SA
The reason I am going with sony products is due to warranty availability and lower prices compared to other manufacturers which include Bluetooth (I am looking for a receiver with Bluetooth, the local market is mehh here) and regarding the speakers, they seem to have a positive review on Crutchfield and again cheaper.

Converted prices

16cm/6.3/4 - XS-FB1630 - 30$

Head Unit - MEX-N4150BT - 115 $

Obviously, I ain't expecting an amazing audio upgrade. This is just for features I am missing and replacing the mehh speakers on the front 2 doors to get an up on the overall missing lows, the highs are pretty fine on the current stock speaker though

One more thing can I just use insulating tape to cover up the solder work?

Shrink tubes aren't readily available at stores here and places that have it cost a pretty penny and issue with eBay is the shipping time.

SONY MEX-XB100BT CAR CD USB NFC BLUETOOTH STEREO PLUS 6.5" 3-WAY CAR SPEAKERS Sony XS-GTF1638 . I just got this combo for 140.00 and wow what a deal. Love it, deck is awesome with the built in amp and the phone features are great.

SONY MEX-XB100BT CAR CD USB NFC BLUETOOTH STEREO PLUS 6.5" 3-WAY CAR SPEAKERS Sony XS-GTF1638 . I just got this combo for 140.00 and wow what a deal. Love it, deck is awesome with the built in amp and the phone features are great.
The speaker you mentioned seems like it's the older model of Sony XS-FB1630 (according to Crutchfield) so they should be identical audio wise but that deck cost 189$ dollar here which is a bummer. Can you tell me where you got the deal?

Sure can Discount Central Online phone # 888-944-6222. I have bought alot from them and they are great people and there prices are hard to beat.
I have gone through their website, the price combined with shipping (If it's available, to begin with) will be higher than buying it locally...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.