Wiring a radio

Participant count
  • Participant list

j_alexander
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Tukee, AZ
i just wired in my new hu and wired the remotes to the constant power like an idiot keeping my amps on all night. so as a concequence my battery died, i re-wired the remotes to the switched power. i recharged the batt and it was fine for a day but now i dies after i leave the car off for a period of time. could it be a wiring problem or just a dead battery that wont hold a charge?

Are your amps on have you checked them if they are off than it could be that your battery has just bit the dust. BUt turn your car on take a dmm and see what your are reading on your battery while its running if its 13 or more than your charging is good if not than there might be something wrong.

Chances are you killed your battery. Check to make sure everything is powering off when the key is off. If everything is powered down properly, then take your battery to Autozone to have it charged and load tested.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.