wiring battery, starter, and altenator

Participant count
  • Participant list

Johnston_2007
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
hello i think i have a problem on my truck. i think that the guy i bought it from last year has the wires hooked up wrong and i need to know if anyone knows how to wire the battery, starter and the altenator together. right now i have a possitive wire running from my battery down to the starter and then from the starter to the altanator. this this correct? and the truck is an 89 gmc sierra 1500 4x4. or should i have a wire running from the battery to the starter and then another one from the battery to the altenator. thanxs alot guys

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.