Wiring dual alts

Just get a new 2 pin plug and wire it in parallel to the factory plug. I cut the plug off my 04 blazer and wired it with the factory on my 03 yukon to run dual alts.

Just get a new 2 pin plug and wire it in parallel to the factory plug. I cut the plug off my 04 blazer and wired it with the factory on my 03 yukon to run dual alts.
That's what I was thinking but 05 and up gm switched to pulse width modulated signal wire. So I don't think that'll work
Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I can send my mechman alternator to get the regulator swapped out for $43. Then I can just use this as a secondary.
just have them send you the regulator if you have to pay shipping. it's easy to swap out

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

This might be easy for some but i've only had it wired as a 4 channel. Theres a 2 channel to 4 channel switch and 4 rca's on the other side of the...
The wiring harness adapter is less than $10 online. It makes everything 10x easier. You just wire your new stereo to the adapter outside of the...
Ive doubled up 12 ga many times for sub wiring.. even 14 ga for speaker wiring. Its OFC and it should do great and save you some money since you...
My brain hurts just looking at those diagrams. It's late so if anyone sees a problem with either of those, please feel free to chime in!
I agree with every one above. OFC is much better. Copper is a much better conductor than aluminum.

About this thread

basketball00011

10+ year member
basketball00011
Fond du Lac, WI
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from