Would you trust Maaco with a paintjob for $1,000?

Would you trust Maaco with a paintjob for $1,000?

• Total voters
They did a good job on my taurus. Some overspray, but I wouldn't expect a perfect job from a discount collision center.

theyre $1000 paint job has a 5 year warranty and has a base coat and clear coat. The cars I saw at their shop looked great. But remember you will have to get the surface prep package, which is an addition $200 or so for sanding and priming. More if you want it sanded down to bare metal.

The Maaco by my house does paint jobs for a few show cars, and I was up there getting an estimate one day and they had a beautiful '64 or so Impala up there that they had recently painted. Now, granted it was for a show and probably cost out the ass, it showed that they can do some amazing works with paint if they want to. It was light blue in the front, to an almost black in the back (very dark blue.) And it had pin striping all down the side, and a small flame job outline the hood and front fenders. It looked great....

Dont exactly know what show it was for, the woman just told me that they sponsor a few show cars and do their paint jobs for them, as well as pay for interior work.

The Maaco by my house does paint jobs for a few show cars, and I was up there getting an estimate one day and they had a beautiful '64 or so Impala up there that they had recently painted. Now, granted it was for a show and probably cost out the ass, it showed that they can do some amazing works with paint if they want to. It was light blue in the front, to an almost black in the back (very dark blue.) And it had pin striping all down the side, and a small flame job outline the hood and front fenders. It looked great....
Dont exactly know what show it was for, the woman just told me that they sponsor a few show cars and do their paint jobs for them, as well as pay for interior work.
and yet you still voted "no" on the poll? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

and yet you still voted "no" on the poll? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

I dont exactly like the work they do on their customers cars. I know a few people that got **** paint jobs from there, I was just saying that they are ABLE to do good work. Give them a grand and hope for the best... I personally would pick another place to do $1,000 worth of paint on my car.

. But remember you will have to get the surface prep package, which is an addition $200 or so for sanding and priming. More if you want it sanded down to bare metal.
i went to school for auto body a long time ago. the painting is the easy part. its the prep that is tedious and very labor intensive. it should be 1000 for the prep and 200+ paint cost for the shooting of the color. you can use the best paint but if the prep work is bad the whole thing will be shitty. the only way id trust them is if you removed all lights, grill, doorjamb trim,etc, and masked the car yourself. so all you have to do is flatbed the car to them and have it shot. short of a run or two you might stand a chance with them this way.

Well, me and a buddy if mine completely sanded down his probe ourselves, and then we took it too maaco for the cheapo paint job. There was some overspray, and a FEW bubbles in the clear...but oh well. I mean, looked good from 10+ feet away...but if you got up real close you could notice it looked like ****. i mean, there was still even some masking tape they left behind...

I wouldn't

NG

Macco paint jobs no matter what you spend at the store

are mediocra paint jobs

They use cheap quality paints and primers,they are all about banging them out the door

fast as possible,its a good business - but high skills and quality are usually not noticed by the regualr Joe - and thats thier customer

I'm putting $1,500 almost $1,600 down on a paint job, Prep Plus (best prep package) and it comes with a 3-year warranty I believe. I have to bring it to them tomorrow @ 8 AM, should have it by Saturday. This is make or break for Maaco in my books: it's a complete color change (tannish silver to black) and door jambs and all.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

GCAdidas13

10+ year member
heh.
GCAdidas13
Grove City, OH
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies