Would you trust Maaco with a paintjob for $1,000?

Would you trust Maaco with a paintjob for $1,000?

• Total voters
I dont exactly like the work they do on their customers cars. I know a few people that got **** paint jobs from there, I was just saying that they are ABLE to do good work. Give them a grand and hope for the best... I personally would pick another place to do $1,000 worth of paint on my car.
theres very few places that will truly do a good job for $1,000. Simply put, Maaco is a good place to go for a budget paint job. Don't expect a perfect job for that low of a price. Some of the more reputable shops in KC wanted around 6 grand for a complete paint job... They recommended I just go to Maaco since I dont have much money to spend on a car I wont be keeping that long.

well to tell u truth if u kno what u are doing you can get some good prices and result. I hate to sound raceist here but find an mexican...they will show you how to do it.

my paint is $20 a pint plus clear and primer. I went to one shop for my body kit and got quoted $1000. They said its all about the prep work and I could get it done cheaper somewhere else but it wouldnt be as good. I didnt have that much and needed to save more so I looked around and got quoted $350. I went with them the first year it started to bubble and now it is peeling prettty badly. You get what you pay for. I wish I wouldve got the $1000 job now. That was only for a four peice body kit. My freind got a paint job at maaco. He had a coupon for the $100 paint job for 550. It was okay but there was spots that didnt get hit all the way so it wasnt the correct color and overspray

I wouldnt trust maaco to touch my car if i even cared about it a little...they painted my girlfriends car about 8 months ago and it looked like shiiiiit....overspray all over it, and terrible body work...

A shop that has a good reputation. Simply put.

Ask around. See some of their projects from beginning to end. Know anyone personly who is in the body shop business? Ask them for tips. I am not in the business, but I know a couple people who do and it has helped me

I remember when I went to a local paint/body shop and was quoted $4k for a complete color conversion, but that was everything...interior, door jambs, all body panels. They did excellent work. I just couldn't justify the cost //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

No i don't know anyone in the buisness. A local reputable guy turned me down because the color i want (also the stock color of my car) he said was a two-stage. and if he tried to do it, he would have to remove all of the exterior trim, or else the paint would peel around the edges. and he said it was too much labor for his garage.

other than him all i know is maaco... :-/

No i don't know anyone in the buisness. A local reputable guy turned me down because the color i want (also the stock color of my car) he said was a two-stage. and if he tried to do it, he would have to remove all of the exterior trim, or else the paint would peel around the edges. and he said it was too much labor for his garage.
when u paing ur are suppose to remove the trim.

got here and check out the paint section. Layitlow.com

I remember when I went to a local paint/body shop and was quoted $4k for a complete color conversion, but that was everything...interior, door jambs, all body panels. They did excellent work. I just couldn't justify the cost //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
that was really a good price.

the bottom line here is... its really hard to find a guarunteed paint job for $1,000. Go to a reputable paint shop and they will laugh at you for that price. I did a lot of research on the shops in my area and the cheapest I found was about 2 grand for a good surface-only paint job. For less than half that price, Maaco is a good place to go. Masking is limited, and quality of the paint is good... not great. You get what you pay for.

Well if that guy turned you down because it was gonna be too much labor, do you really think that Maaco is going to do all of that labor or half ass it?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

GCAdidas13

10+ year member
heh.
GCAdidas13
Grove City, OH
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies