Wrapping Crossovers in Tape...?

IDSkoT
5,000+ posts

Resonating Reticular
Hey, guys. Well, I have a bit of a problem. I recently installed a pair of PG RSD's in my friends car... but that bish leaks like there's no tomorrow. I installed the Xover on the inside of the door, and I guess it got wet, now the left side isn't working. I have an extra pair of Xovers that I'll just throw on, and I'll see if I can fit the Xover between the door and the panel. But, can I wrap them in like Electrical tape to avoid it getting wet again...?

have you noticed the crossovers getting hot? that would be the first thing i could think of... when i had PG RSD's they did get very warm and melted the top part of their casings (where there were vents to help it cool off //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif, didnt help much lol). but tape shouldnt effect that, might hold in the heat more.

Should be alright as long as you're putting the tape over the covers and not on the crossover stuff lol. Tape the shtt out of it. Haha. Make sure they don't get warm in the first place though...I don't have them but use judgment.

Well, she said that the driver side would randomly work. So, I'm guessing it shorted out the Xover as a whole. The ones I'll replace them with would either be my Hertz Xover from my car, and replace my Hertz with my CDT ones, or just give her the CDT ones. The CDT seem to be better. But, I could be wrong. The Hertz Xover are just little boxes, maybe 2 or 3 inches long, and like 1/2 inch wide / high while the CDT are your standard 2-way Xover.

use one of thoze giant balloons from car dealers. i used a balloons for my crossovers works like a charm keep em dry

i just put mine in the plastic bag that i came shipped in. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

relocation would be your best bet..you could always mount them under the front seats if you have to.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.