$700 for speaker!!

what about boston acoustic spz, I was reading and it is good components.... also the rainbow germaniun or power line or the focal k2p.. woOoOw a very difficul decision

Cross Germaniums off your list. You emphasized you wanted loud, and while the Germaniums sound great, they probably won't be loud enough for you.

I second the recommendation for the Rainbow Powerline CS. With 400w per side available, those things will get loud enough to make your ears bleed, while staying perfectly crystal clear while doing it.

Those drivers are monsters, though! Have fun mounting them!

agreed, Kross. Having had the germaniums...and upgraded to the power line CS...

The double stack magnet/motor configuration of the power line cs destroys the germaniums... the same basket/motor combo on the vanadium 7" sub yields 14mm of max excursion...

My single ported 10" CVR cannot keep up with the power line CS. It gets utterly drown out by them //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif My germaniums could get loud enough to comfortably shine over the same sub, but they did not produce comparable volume in the low end at all...

expect to need 1.5" MDF spacers in most cars to make them fit in the doors, though. 5.5inches of mounting depth is "serious business" //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif By the time you space them out far enough not to hit the window, you will probably be looking at cutting holes in your door panels to fit them back on...

honestly why spend so much money on getting something "loud" when you can get loud it for cheap like a boston pro or something. everyone has different tastes i understand but if I'm going to spend that type of money i'm all just for SQ.

I will go ahead and second the Powerline CS. They are pretty incredible even being underpowered. Will have 425x2 on them by the end of the week. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Oh, but you might need to save a bit more to do it. Well worth it in my opinion.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif I am. Awww man. I had no idea. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

honestly why spend so much money on getting something "loud" when you can get loud it for cheap like a boston pro or something. everyone has different tastes i understand but if I'm going to spend that type of money i'm all just for SQ.
the problem is that I like to hear it SQ but loud! :p

I will go ahead and second the Powerline CS. They are pretty incredible even being underpowered. Will have 425x2 on them by the end of the week. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Oh, but you might need to save a bit more to do it. Well worth it in my opinion.
it is $1200 for this pair of speaker! WTF! It has to be an excellent sound for that price..

Sound Q at high volumes is a bit of a contradiction in terms. If you want excellent sound...asking someone else for their opinion of their sound quality while in practice is a good idea, isnt going to get the answer you really want....what you like.

If you want what other people say is good...there are always better and louder and more expensive.

If you want a louder speaker naturally a 3 ohm speaker will draw more power from the amplifier. Orion speakers are shipping in this configuration.

Sound quality will come at much lower volume levels. Pure sound quality.

If you want your music loud and clear...with only one set of components you need many more things than just an expensive set of speakers.

Asking a loaded question will sometimes come back with many requirements to meet your demands

I would suggest you look into a more affordable set of components and do 2 sets of them for your front stage...

use your 4 channel the simple way instead of getting crazy with bi-amping. You need some skills to tune a bi-amped system to its full potential.

You would just have to run an extra set of speaker wires to wherever the new set will be.

You might have to build some kick panels for the extra set. or make room for them in your door panel...but with your listening position in that truck, you would probably benefit from some kick panels....get the sound much taller and more on axis (pointing at you more directly, louder, more focused)...your much closer to and above those speakers in that truck relatively speaking.

Even getting simpler...you could mount your kick panel speaker set point source(tweet in the middle of the speaker) takes up less space, and the other set as satellites as to keep with the "separate" feel and positionable tweeter(mid bass in the door, tweeter on "A" pillar or high on the door).

Memphis makes their MSQ components....for the money they are a great sounding set of components. Tweeter is dock able (point source) or separate able.

You may also consider doing 5 1/4s for your kicks as well...smaller even still and they reproduce male and female vocal ranges much better...which have the similar tonal qualities of House, Trance, Bass CD Voice Narrator sounds/frequencies that make that music much richer and cooler. (add electronica voice sounds here) lol

This way you could use your whole 4 channel to run your front stage, not "dirty" the sound quality by raising the THD from the amp by increasing your load to 3 or 2 ohms when bridging/ or paralleling your speakers.

When doing this minor change in configuration you have more cone mass, more clean power, less chance of distortion at higher volumes, and something you can not recreate with one set of components.

Along with sound deadening, very sealed mounting baffles and fully separated front and rear waves, among other speaker tweaker topics....that would all be a good start.

How about a 4 channel line driver?

This could go on and on...

If I missed anything or you have more questions, reply back...

I'll be here all week...lol //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fro.gif.c695f1f814b01c4ad99fe7f8cccadd29.gif

it is $1200 for this pair of speaker! WTF! It has to be an excellent sound for that price..
Hahaha, that is what I thought at first. PM 6spdcoupe. His name is Don. He is a Rainbow dealer. Get your own price. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

f you want what other people say is good...there are always better and louder and more expensive.
If you want a louder speaker naturally a 3 ohm speaker will draw more power from the amplifier.!
do you men 3 ohms is more power to my amp but it will sound perfect? what about boston acoustics spz or pro's I think it is 3 ohm..

use your 4 channel the simple way instead of getting crazy with bi-amping. You need some skills to tune a bi-amped system to its full potential.
It is difficul to do the bi amping? can I learn?

You may also consider doing 5 1/4s for your kicks as well.
inside the door?

The SPZ and PRO both sound great. Rear speakers will pull your front stage rearward and might not give you the type of volume you want. Rears are for rear passengers....not for focused loud music.

3 OHMS will put more of a load on the amplifier...making your amp less stable or clean and higher current demands....

the 5 1/4 would go in an enclosure by your left foot and right foot (passenger right foot) Kick panels

Bi amping yes you can learn...you will be amplifying your tweeters and mid bass drivers sperately...sometimes knowing the xover points and getting the gain levels on your amp(s) linear (so they are even playing at low volume and high volumes) can be tricky

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.