$700 for speaker!!

I would suggest you look into a more affordable set of components and do 2 sets of them for your front stage...

use your 4 channel the simple way instead of getting crazy with bi-amping.

Memphis makes their MSQ components....for the money they are a great sounding set of components. Tweeter is dock able (point source) or separate able.

You may also consider doing 5 1/4s for your kicks as well...smaller even still and they reproduce male and female vocal ranges much better...which have the similar tonal qualities of House, Trance, Bass CD Voice Narrator sounds/frequencies that make that music much richer and cooler. (add electronica voice sounds here) lol

This way you could use your whole 4 channel to run your front stage, not "dirty" the sound quality by raising the THD from the amp by increasing your load to 3 or 2 ohms when bridging/ or paralleling your speakers.

When doing this minor change in configuration you have more cone mass, more clean power, less chance of distortion at higher volumes, and something you can not recreate with one set of components.

Along with sound deadening, very sealed mounting baffles and fully separated front and rear waves, among other speaker tweaker topics....that would all be a good start.

How about a 4 channel line driver?

This could go on and on...

How about a 4 channel line driver?
what do you mean ? I don't understand that :p

try and post on the fourm so the whole conversation is on the forum...just click the reply button below my posts....

a 4 channel line driver is an amplifier for your RCA's signal...

it will help your amp do everything it can...it just ups the signal voltage from your head unit to your signal input of your amp

try and post on the fourm so the whole conversation is on the forum...just click the reply button below my posts....
a 4 channel line driver is an amplifier for your RCA's signal...

it will help your amp do everything it can...it just ups the signal voltage from your head unit to your signal input of your amp
you recommend me to buy it?

Sound quality will come at much lower volume levels. Pure sound quality.
thats what I was saying. I mean come on, people are recommending $1000 components when honestly if he just wants it loud, there are plenty of speakers who can do it for much cheaper.

Yes Line drivers are excellent....audio control makes them, memphis offers them, do not buy one that is a lower quality though...could induce engine whine/ system hiss. you get what you pay for. If you head unit has 4 to 5 volt pre-outs you should be fine for the most part.

Your dealing with a tin can of a vehicle....those are not the most acousticly dead vehicles....carpet and sound deadening material will help wherever the budget allows.

Infinity kappa makes some clean sounding speakers too....they are very reasonable price wise too...by no means are they a diamond, morel, focal, boston, Hz, ect

Gotta remember all the other costs for doing it right, not just the cost of the expensive speakers.....luckily you have a decent amp to work with...thats alot of the expense right there....thats also not the cleanest amp on the planet either...but it will do what your asking of it for this application.

I'll stand up for my MLKs hehe.. I personally owned vanadiums for a good 2-3 years. These Mille's have way more midbass while still retaining the detail coming from the tweet when you use the small chamber*. You also have the option of going with the big chamber which IMO produces a more laid back sound.

*This is from my personal install so results may vary.

Hook the 3 ohm speakers up, the amp gets a 3 ohm load. Simple as that. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Your 3 Ohm Speaker will draw power from your amp. The load of the amplifier demands power from the amp. The amp either supplies the wattage under load or shuts down/goes into protection/blows the fuse. The amp doesnt push the sub...it draws the power....kinda bas akwords in thought but thats how it do!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.