China buildhouse sub pics

Yes, yes, that seems to be the general consensus. I'll be re-doing the wall after high school. Will probably just use the equipment I have right now unless I find something better before then.
I told you I'd give you some pointers if you want to get loud

I told you I'd give you some pointers if you want to get loud ��
I'm all-ears

whats the specs? you have a properly installed electrical system?
I don't remember exact box specs, it was so long ago. I don't think my sigs on the forums is accurate after I increased port length and decreased port area.

My electrical system is solid. I have four alternators. Two stock 125 amp ones, a Singer 370 amp large case, and a Singer 320 amp small case. I've got a battery up front and five batteries in the back for my battery bank. Voltage is solid. I also have a 300 amp Excessive Amperage alternator coming that will get here on Friday. Voltage doesn't drop below 13.7 at idle going full tilt, and is usually in the high 14's

Also, I've got Sky high 2/0 OFC wire that is as big as 4/0 welding cable. I'll be adding more runs of 2/0 welding cable after it gets here

I'm all-ears

I don't remember exact box specs, it was so long ago. I don't think my sigs on the forums is accurate after I increased port length and decreased port area.

My electrical system is solid. I have four alternators. Two stock 125 amp ones, a Singer 370 amp large case, and a Singer 320 amp small case. I've got a battery up front and five batteries in the back for my battery bank. Voltage is solid. I also have a 300 amp Excessive Amperage alternator coming that will get here on Friday. Voltage doesn't drop below 13.7 at idle going full tilt, and is usually in the high 14's

Also, I've got Sky high 2/0 OFC wire that is as big as 4/0 welding cable. I'll be adding more runs of 2/0 welding cable after it gets here

You need to meter to see where you stand now... I know you say you don't care about the meter but it will give you starting point. Find your peak. And find out how loud you are and let's go from there... You say it's $35 to meter, so what you would have spent that getting HIV at the stripper joint for your bday. Spend that money on audio instead

You need to meter to see where you stand now... I know you say you don't care about the meter but it will give you starting point. Find your peak. And find out how loud you are and let's go from there... You say it's $35 to meter, so what you would have spent that getting HIV at the stripper joint for your bday. Spend that money on audio instead
Yeah, I see your point

dude that cone weights 500 grams.. thats entirely to heavy.you have any idea how stiff those spiders? you going to need at least 4 to bring the fs above 25 if they are the "SPL" spiders

that coil will fit but Id bet it weight 150+ grams so so far your looking at a MMS of around 650 grams.

even with a CMS of .045mm/n and a QES of .35 your still looking at a 89.8db 1w1m. that CMS number ill take 7-8 typical 10" progressive roll spider if you ca find some very very stifff ones you might beable to get away with 4-5

im not trying to tell you what to do i just hate to see you spend 4k and you not like it..

as compared to the mayhem 18 its ruffly going to take 2.5x the power to get said woofer louder. now granted you could probably send it 8k daily iit would be alitttle louder but thats 32kw..

now if you did some custom 3" diameter coils about 4"s tall i think you would be much better off but your going to need at least a 35mm topplate to get the BL..
I wish I understood T/S parameters that well.

I'm all-ears

FYI just because you don't have voltage drop doesn't mean its strong. it could mean there is alot of resistance/lower power consumption. if might be something simple as your impedance curve is killing ya.. 'not saying that is your case but like massive said you gotta or better yet trump(no offense massive its a joke) we have to find the problem first.(in trumps voice)

it might be something we can correct and you like the change/results.. and NO im not talking about obama

FYI just because you don't have voltage drop doesn't mean its strong. it could mean there is alot of resistance/lower power consumption. if might be something simple as your impedance curve is killing ya.. 'not saying that is your case but like massive said you gotta or better yet trump(no offense massive its a joke) we have to find the problem first.(in trumps voice)
it might be something we can correct and you like the change/results.. and NO im not talking about obama
You remind me of Polonius in the Shakespeare play Hamlet. Just had a test over it today in English class.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.