Dodge Dakota Build Log

that amp rack looks ****in awesome dude.

go to a hardware store and get these things called well nuts.

WN.gif

lowes has them. home depot did not. they are in the screws bins that have the big drawers and crap.

put the well nut in a hole you drill out, put amp over the well nut, use a nice machiene screw into the well nut. and hand tighten (use threadlock if you want)

will keep em off the surface about 1\8 and vibration dampen them. basically is a rubber grommet with a nut inside the mould //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

hope that helps. and the other side looks way better.

that amp rack looks ****in awesome dude.
go to a hardware store and get these things called well nuts.

WN.gif

lowes has them. home depot did not. they are in the screws bins that have the big drawers and crap.

put the well nut in a hole you drill out, put amp over the well nut, use a nice machiene screw into the well nut. and hand tighten (use threadlock if you want)

will keep em off the surface about 1\8 and vibration dampen them. basically is a rubber grommet with a nut inside the mould //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

hope that helps. and the other side looks way better.
never even knew those existed!

I might have to weld some small plates where the screws will go in there because the tubing just isn't big enough to contain a whole that size. None the less i will make it work. I have a lowes close by too!

Well Im gonna go out and grind out some air bubbles and laydown the last layer of glass on the drivers pod before i have to take care of some stuff. Might get pics of that later tonight if i can

you can get smaller ones. just go to lowes and get the smallest ones they got, and see if they will fit. i think they got some that are like 1\4" wide.

im sure that tube is like 3\4 or so.

you can get smaller ones. just go to lowes and get the smallest ones they got, and see if they will fit. i think they got some that are like 1\4" wide.
im sure that tube is like 3\4 or so.
yeah but some of the holes are off a tad bit. Ill def give it a shot.

I need some better cutting disks for the dremel... the cheap ones just break off when they hit some thick fg...

Ill have to go pick up my metal grinder 2morrow.

I Was about to wire my passenger door pod to 8 ohms and run it off the HU... But im just to lazy and need to shower

I really wanna get some music going in here:rolleyes:

dont worry about it yet. get audio done and then worry abut fog lights lol.
i hate yellow lights btw. i think they are super ugly.
haha i need to FOCUS

I hate yellow to but for fogs, such as some bmws, it looks good.

But i drive no bmw so ill head the other way..

Anyways i just finished work and im really tired.. need a boost of energy so i can go work on my **** now. Didn't get anything done last night besides that rack.

pretty glad with how the drivers pod is coming out... I probably wont even need bondo (except a tiny area) unless i decide to paint it. As for now they will both remain bare untill i have some better idea for them..

So this is the drivers door with 1 layer of resined fleece and 2 coatings of fiberglass. Its as strong as i need it to be and it took up every last drop of resin i had. I poured some inside to seal some things up and to bond to that wood spacer better.

On to the pics:

This is the back, i decided not to resin the flat section as it really wouldn't serve a purpose but now it acts as more of a padding between the bare metal of the door to prevent rattles.

In the door: Ill need to grind down the edge trim for a more even fit of course: Its not bolted in, just resting there for pics!

Clearance:

I had some erands to run at lowes so i picked up some well nuts while i was there.. size as 8-32. I would have gone bigger but the rubber around it was already some what large =/

They only had 5 atm in my size so i jsut grabbed 4 to test them out. I think i got the bolts to long though =/ Ill have to make another trip later. They do look promising though.

My buddies truck got thrashed and trashed last night while he was transporting all his new equipment from my house to his... So that set a shitty mood and i didnt get anything done.

Note: Write down all your serial #s of everything you have.. without it cops cant do much. Im going to take #s and pictures of everything i possibly can and add identification where possible to prevent any type of theft.

Hopefully ill get something done today, i should get off work a little earlier.

if goes as planned this thread will be going on for a good amount of time... untill i get the first stage of the truck done and everything is in place and working audio wise.

In the future i thought about taking out all the back seats and dropping in 2 18's with 5kwatts or more. But for now i am still going to need 3 functional seats. (1 in back, 2 upfront)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.