Dodge Dakota Build Log

Ok So i took our guys advice and ran the fleece behind the wood this time, I got a much better form and the glue stuck better this time to. Edges were a bit tricky but folded right over each other and glued over.I wish i did the other one this way, Im going to have to stuff it to make the volume equal to the other one.

Running low on resin and hardener, I have less then 1/2 gallon of FG and 1/2 a tube of hardener left. Id rather not make any trips to buy more so I hope i can finish this off with whats left. It will be close as i also have some holes to patch up on the right pod too.

Pics will be up later.

Can I get some Comments on the electrical so far??

Here are 2 pics, i have to skimp out on hardener so its taking alot longer to dry than normal, better be done soon because im going out tonight and the last thing i need is resin all over my left leg.

definitely looks better already though

ok where is a good place to get the stretchiest **** i can buy for a good price?

I probably could have stretched this more but im not sure if the glue would have held it in place to the plastic with the tension. Overal, those wrinkles wont bother me as ill just glass over and grind em out.

Im thinking about adding a wood spacer to the "flatter" side as proposed earlier but im not sure how to go about doing that or how to attach it yet.

If this one comes out better ill have to buy some supplies and bring the first one up to par sooner.

walmart and jo-anne fabrics should have it.

just ask the people that work there, or walk around and just pull on fabric till you find something. i usually walk around for 10~15 minutes pulling on everything i see. it should be at least a three to one stretch ratio in all directions, personally i like it think - unlike fleece that is super thick - it helps keep wrinkles to a minimum. fleece has about a two to one in one direction, and one to one and a half in the other. it really does not stretch much at all, but it is good for large enclosures and such.

but give it a look round. you should find what you are looking for for like $5

walmart and jo-anne fabrics should have it.
just ask the people that work there, or walk around and just pull on fabric till you find something. i usually walk around for 10~15 minutes pulling on everything i see. it should be at least a three to one stretch ratio in all directions, personally i like it think - unlike fleece that is super thick - it helps keep wrinkles to a minimum. fleece has about a two to one in one direction, and one to one and a half in the other. it really does not stretch much at all, but it is good for large enclosures and such.

but give it a look round. you should find what you are looking for for like $5
alright, ill take a look if i get a chance somewhere close by.

Added a layer of FG to the Resined up fleece on the drivers pod. Came out ok, Doesnt really want to stick well to the overhanging part so their a quite a bit of tiny airbubles, ill fix that though. Its a way tighter fit to the door this time, i used a thumbtack in one spot where it started falling back off the door but other than that it should be fine. pics later.

When that dries, ill pull it off, trim it up, one more layer of FG around the edges and then ill set the placement for the speaker baffles.

1 question, do i aim the drivers door towards the driver or the passenger? stupid question i know but kinda important. =/

I'm pretty sure its the opposite passenger correct? THis is probably why the imaging sounded off in my last ride //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

TRimmed the current door pod, not all straight cuts, my dremel blade heated up and melted off so i had to use my large metal grinder 1/2 way through. Its atleast .5" all the way around or more. Some parts are still very week so im going to have to fix those.

2morrow i plan on cutting a wooden surround for the flat side and having something stretched over and glassed by the end of the day. Its going to be a busy day as we are also welding in a new gate to go across the backyard so that will take up a majority of my time.

pics:

Ive got an update!

So i got 2 items in the mail 2day:

-One was my buddies 500watt bash mono amp

-And the other was my jasper jig!!! finally... Now to only find out if it fits my router:crap:(saw my brand just not the actual model #)

So ive set the drivers speaker pods in place with plenty of mini dowels and hot glue... I used the same fleece as last time but stretched way better this time and imo came out 5x better.

Just threw some resin on it to harden up. I hope i have enough resin to do atleast 2 layers more of actual FG but i might now =/

The Imaging seems fine but the only problem is with the new spacing my speakers got pushed back about 1-2" and this places the 2nd driver almost completely playing into the seat with a good 1.5" between the two. Being midbass i probably shouldn't be to worried.

Main obstacles here were being able to clear parking break on the bottom, parking break release on top, and the seat adjuster handle on the side, and also the manual window crank. Didn't think it would be that complicated huh?

Oh and btw, It took me over 3 hours to get this part done today, I had to redo the placement at least 5 times and managed to burn all my finger tips with hot glue:verymad:.

Here are some pics to keep you guys entertained

So being that we got a new welder and i wanted to try it for my own project, Found some freetime and got to work on the amp rack... Im not sure if this is the way its going to be in the car for sure yet as i might have to redesign for more space but its a start.

started with a trace:

and about 30 min later i worked up this:

The amps on it:

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.