Dodge Dakota Build Log

I'm looking forward to seeing this get finished, looks real good so far. I still haven't decided what I'm going to do for a more permanent lay-out in my dakota, not much space to work with.

space is running out fast =/ It would be so much easier if i didn't need that one seat in the back:rolleyes:.

I might be picking up 2 more sets of those ID oems but im not sure where to put them... I dont think i have any space left if the front doors =/

maybe one in the kick and another on top of the dash **** idk

I'm with you on the single back seat.I barely had enough room for my 4 12's with it in. I managed to cram a blue top behind it and the amp for my mids under it.The amp for the horns is on the floor behind the passenger with the sub amp above it.I don't think I can fit much more in LOL.

I can't sacrifice that seat though.

I'm with you on the single back seat.I barely had enough room for my 4 12's with it in. I managed to cram a blue top behind it and the amp for my mids under it.The amp for the horns is on the floor behind the passenger with the sub amp above it.I don't think I can fit much more in LOL.I can't sacrifice that seat though.

You know that hump right in the middle of the truck behind the center console and in front of the rear seat. I'm going to try to put my 2 dekas right on top of it

Thanks for all the comments guys, really helping me want to go back and do more work.! Ill update with some pics tonight if i get anything good done.

I might try to cut more pieces to get the amp rack in place and mounted.

Or ill be taking out seats to run cables.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

Wow.. thats all i can say. I love the simplicity of this Truck. Ive spent the last 2 hours taking out the whole interior[seats, dash, carpet] and it is just so easy its fun!

Ha maybe im overexcited but comparing this to my 1991 volvo that i tried taking apart, that was hell. I was worried about breaking or snapping aged plastic and all these **** screws. In the truck everything either snaps off or is held on with a few good screws.

There was a factory alarm that was removed but that will make it easier to install my viper alarm because all the necessary wires have been tapped... Im excited. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Symptoms of Hard work all week( and bitchy nuts in hard to get places)

picture256os8.jpg

All power, rca and remote turn on cables are ran under the carpet. Glad i got that done with. Its the part I always hate to do and i anticipated it to be a lot harder. Despite the large bulges under neath the carpet, It wasn't as hard as i thought and came out quite nice.

running rca from HU to back took about

Well i got a good amt of pics for tonight but i have to take care of some stuff first, ill post when i get back but untill then look at my finger ^^^ I got high res upon request //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

**** its late, anyways here are the pics from tonight://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

my 0awg run of negative. Straight to the frame with 0awg, then right from that connection to the back of the truck where it will be grounded once more then connected to my 2 dekas

The RCAS and the remote turn on lead running down the right side

And they pop out right where the base of the amp rack will be(sorta)

Hope its safe to run these close to eachother. +Run in kicker hyperflex and -Negative run in Knukonceptz kollosus both 0awg

And those pop our right on the other side of where i plan on sitting the batteries.

Still thinking of how to organize my distro and fuse blocks... The two fuse blocks in the hood i wanted to make some Fiberglass cover that goes over the original fuse box. And for the distros in the back im not sure yet. RCAs will connect in the front of the rack and power will connect in the back

Drilled holes for the rubber mounts and slapped on the amps. The bolts where a little to long so i used whatever spacers i could find atm. Later on ill replace them with better ones. Amps are pretty secure, i don't think trying to rip them out by hand would work, not easily at least.

Still trying to decide if the amps are still gonna stay standing on the sides, most likely the will with at least 4" of space from the back for power cables. Ill have to manuever the batterys to fit once i get them.

This rack turned out pretty heavy with the amps. The scale came in at 45lbs, doesn't sound like much but carrying back and forth is tiresome. Ill still be adding more support and areas to bolt or weld it in.

I predict that even if 4 people tried to jack my **** it would take them at least a 2 min to find out all the tools they need to even get to anything haha. By that time id be standing behind em. Anyways here are the pics:

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.