Dominick Iragi = SCAMMER

not to rule out a mechanical installation error, but literally the only hook ups on the alternator are the three bolts that secure it to the block, the ground which goes over a terminal and a nut secures it, and a harness that only plugs into it in one specific way. so im pretty confident it was installed correctly //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
most alts when you secure it to the block it grounds it from the case, and most alts where you put the ground wire on that post and secured it is usually for a power wire, and of course the wiring harness connection. Dont know what kind of alt you had or installed do you have pics of it??? Maybe you didnt install it right, not saying you didnt but sounds like it may have been why it seemed to be doa.

egg

the way i seem to see it.

the people who get his name out alot more, steve meade etc etc, never seem to have a problem.

but the average person whos not a big time competitor seems to get screwed left and right.

the people who get his name out alot more, steve meade etc etc, never seem to have a problem.

but the average person whos not a big time competitor seems to get screwed left and right.
somewhat true

When it comes to alts Dom knows his stuff. Either be Dom or another company such as ohio generator, powermaster, excessive, HO... theres alot to alternators and how they perform depending upon power consumed. Some require shorter belts, upgraded battery, ground wires etc... Most mechanics and even some audio shops dont realize the proper way to install them or wire them up properly. Ive seen a few instances where the mechanic took the pulley off of the old alternator and put it on the new ones, pretty much defeating the purpose.

In business theres always a few with bad experiences and with that you usually hear more about the bad than the good. Im not saying Dom is perfect or his business is top notch but I like to hear both sides before judging.

egg

most alts when you secure it to the block it grounds it from the case, and most alts where you put the ground wire on that post and secured it is usually for a power wire, and of course the wiring harness connection. Dont know what kind of alt you had or installed do you have pics of it??? Maybe you didnt install it right, not saying you didnt but sounds like it may have been why it seemed to be doa.
egg
for clarification purposes, the first alt arrived missing pieces. yes, it was missing pieces, i said that right. dominick did not put the thing together completely before shipping it out. the second alt, which was complete, was simply DOA, no ifs ands or buts.

and mjf, i can name one BIG name competitor who was robbed from dominick, but out of respect for who it is, im not going to drag them into this. some people know who it is, not too many people do, but there was a HUGE stink about it on some other forums some time back. and the person who i am speaking about, still refuses to even talk about dom because of what he did to them.

ive never had any problems on the 4 alternators ive bought from him. 3 GM large cases ext regulated and 1 ext regulated ford alt.

ive never had problems getting ahold of him. and he ships to me in a matter of days. i dont see what problems u people are having.

ive never had any problems on the 4 alternators ive bought from him. 3 GM large cases ext regulated and 1 ext regulated ford alt.
ive never had problems getting ahold of him. and he ships to me in a matter of days. i dont see what problems u people are having.
im just saying thats the way it looks not being experienced with him myself:crap:

I'm happy for you. But my experience has not went as well as yours. Did you happen to read the thread or just post your 2 cents? I'll repeat what I said earlier.

He has had my alternator for 2 months and I havent heard a word from him in 2 months. I have sent him many emails and called many times and left detailed messages. I am still in possession of another customers alternator that was accidentally sent to me. He was supposed to send me a shipping label for it and I still havent got that either. I have been sent 5 different alternators. 1 worked for 4 months, 2 didnt fit right, 1 arrived with voltage issues, and the 5th was another customers. It also took me 2 months to get my first alternator after he said it would take 2 weeks. I bought the alternator in January of 07' and have had 4 months of use out of the ONE alternator that worked.

He was here yesterday for about an hour and a half and still didnt address my issue. I even sent him a PM on here yesterday when he was signed on, and posted that I Had did so in this thread. He is blatantly ignoring me.

for clarification purposes, the first alt arrived missing pieces. yes, it was missing pieces, i said that right. dominick did not put the thing together completely before shipping it out. the second alt, which was complete, was simply DOA, no ifs ands or buts.
and mjf, i can name one BIG name competitor who was robbed from dominick, but out of respect for who it is, im not going to drag them into this. some people know who it is, not too many people do, but there was a HUGE stink about it on some other forums some time back. and the person who i am speaking about, still refuses to even talk about dom because of what he did to them.
Just saying if you put the ground on the battery post of the alternator it wont work and kill itself in a matter of seconds.

egg

Just saying if you put the ground on the battery post of the alternator it wont work and kill itself in a matter of seconds.
egg
well thats not what happened. alternator was hooked up in exactly the same fashion that the ford alt was removed. it was pretty much impossible to install it incorrectly, there is a wire that goes over a post, and a connector that only fits one way.

you arent making a point, so stop trying... the alts were DOA, not user killed.

not to rule out a mechanical installation error, but literally the only hook ups on the alternator are the three bolts that secure it to the block, the ground which goes over a terminal and a nut secures it, and a harness that only plugs into it in one specific way. so im pretty confident it was installed correctly //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
i found it strange as well, but thats just a direct reflection as to the quality of his product and the amount of pride he takes in his work...
well thats not what happened. alternator was hooked up in exactly the same fashion that the ford alt was removed.
you arent making a point, so stop trying... the alts were DOA, not user killed.
the part in bold above was my point, not saying you did anything wrong, just stating if you connect a ground to the power output post of the alternator itll kill itself instantly. My other posts in this thread, the point im getting at is most mechanics/some audio shops do not know how to install a high output alternators correctly and alot of complaints/alternator problems comes from installers error as well as people complaining about the output of the alternator by testing them at autozone/advanced auto those stores do not have the proper equipment to test them as well as the know how.

egg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

hoss

5,000+ posts
imma genius. so **** it!
hoss
inside icetee, while he is inside seths sister
Start date
Participants
Who Replied