Help pleasee omg

any amp can be fixed.

im going to guess thats not the only thing that blew up though. I'm no amp expert, but im going to guess the cap blew up because something else went confuzzled first.

The capacitors would be cheap to replace, but, as the others have stated, something else could be wrong. If you lack certain basic equipment, such as an oscilloscope, a soldering station, and a 12 volt power supply, your repair is going to be very hit or miss. Also, just looking at those MESHA strips makes me want to curse. It is a neat idea in concept, but makes FET replacement a royal pain in the ass.

Probably a short somewhere inside the amp. The part is a capacitor. The amp can be fixed but that's up to you if you want to keep it or buy something better.

Honestly, I'd be surprised if it was something that serious.

A couple years ago when that amp was made, the Chinese had a whole bunch of electrolytic caps that would fail in exactly that way...replacing it with a better quality cap would be cheap, and an easy repair.

The capacitors would be cheap to replace, but, as the others have stated, something else could be wrong. If you lack certain basic equipment, such as an oscilloscope, a soldering station, and a 12 volt power supply, your repair is going to be very hit or miss. Also, just looking at those MESHA strips makes me want to curse. It is a neat idea in concept, but makes FET replacement a royal pain in the ass.

what are MESHA strips? sounds interesting, although from the way you talk about them they dont sound like a good thing.

How much do caps cost? where can i get the one i need?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.