Mag V4 Discontinued.. :(

Three words:

Know your market.

In the three weeks the Mag v4 has been out, there hasn't been a massive change in taste. People wanted the same exact thing last year before the Mag v4 was out that they want now. So, why are you getting upset at a shift in tastes, when it's been this way for years?

You've got a niche market you're appealing to, yet you're getting pissed off and stopping production over conditions outside your niche? That makes about as much sense as a screen door on a submarine.

Something is telling me it's not the tastes of the car audio market, because that reason makes no sense.

Three words:
Know your market.

In the three weeks the Mag v4 has been out, there hasn't been a massive change in taste. People wanted the same exact thing last year before the Mag v4 was out that they want now. So, why are you getting upset at a shift in tastes, when it's been this way for years?

You've got a niche market you're appealing to, yet you're getting pissed off and stopping production over conditions outside your niche? That makes about as much sense as a screen door on a submarine.

Something is telling me it's not the tastes of the car audio market, because that reason makes no sense.
Um, I don't know where you're living but the Mag has been out since last October, lol.

That was a sarcastic comment //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
Oh, ok. I was wondering about that, I guess sarcasm doesn't work the best on the internet.

It's not just with Nick's drivers. It's idiots like papermaker and kendog who buy an AE sub looking for SPL, beat the **** out of it then complain about it. They do not realize what SQ is, they want loud and something that is more than a 1 note sub, the sad thing is they hear some of these subs and think they sound amazing because they can hear the sub, when that is not the goal, the goal is to have it blend seamlessly with the rest of the system. Anyway, I know what I like and I will keep looking for those companies that make it.

I like to think I have a pretty firm grasp of what a sub should and shouldn't sound like in a car in a sound quality oriented setup. If I can tell it's playing it goes bye bye real quick. I even played with a v4 once or twice. I was just saying calling someone an idiot because their thinking doesn't fall inline with yours, or the masses ideals. Does about as much good for a companies reputation, as the joe blows cooking a companies product with way too much power, and then jumping on the interwebz calling it a pos. Perfectly fine and normal to disagree with some ones opinion. Dealing with it in a respectful manner, and not resorting to name calling is where the true ethical business men will shine //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

it's probably because the new BM will put the vag v4 to shame, which wouldn't be difficult to do. It wouldn't make sense to have the baby mag better than the mag. Just like how it doesn't make sense that he's discontinuing the v4 because "people don't like a sub that can't hear behind them." They really must not like not hearing the sub if they're buying them up like crazy compared to the overhyped v3s.
Overhyped v3 Mag,what?that is a bad ass sub I have 2 12"s and I have had people trying to get me to sell them my subs and I live in JL audio territory..NOT OVERHYPED WHEN SUB DELIVERS THE GOODS:D

it's probably because the new BM will put the vag v4 to shame, which wouldn't be difficult to do. It wouldn't make sense to have the baby mag better than the mag. Just like how it doesn't make sense that he's discontinuing the v4 because "people don't like a sub that can't hear behind them." They really must not like not hearing the sub if they're buying them up like crazy compared to the overhyped v3s.
I believe that two things occur here. Are your comments incorrect, no. Kids (and I mean that nicely) hear about the hyped up driver that is really low cost but ultra high quality. They buy them. They install it and are kinda let down because its not ripping the trunk off. Rather than tuning the system to match the sub for an equal and balanced sound stage, they turn up the gain, and then some more and again until you are basically ending up with a distorted sound that the sub wasn't designed for.

So what do they do? They sell it off to someone else and say "sounds great, but I'm just wanting to upgrade". Look around on here, I bet you will find that half a dozen times. They are marketing the sub as a great thing but just wanting to try out other stuff, what they are really saying is "not enough output....I can't impress my friends because they want to stop breathing from the bass".

Kids are the main purchaser of this stuff. So it is a good business decision to make something that is 10 times more power capable and able for extreme output. Who cares if it sounds like a water bed getting jumped on by a 400lb women as long as it is loud.

The other thing is perception of the products quality and status of the product. If you sell a high quality product at a low cost, you are sorta asking for trouble. Part of it is the perception of how high quality. If you put the driver in the price range of everyone, everyone buys them. Design something quality and put a large price tag on it and it becomes a status symbol. Everyone wants it, but only some can afford it. If you spend enough, you will defend it to the end because you don't want to admit you have made a bad decision.

So Nick (sorry I'm always using your name as I don't really know you from Paul) makes SQ products that are also able to get slightly loud and sells them at a reasonable price. Makes far more sense to build a less audiophile product and focus on output and appeal to the masses. Smack some extra pricing on it, give it to a few high profile people in the right communities to talk it up and BAAM...now you have a high profit margin product that most likely costs less to make than the current drivers, sound like ****, but hit like hell. Guess what? Most everyone is happy and those of us that are into SQ talk about the good old days.

I for one will be trying out the BM's when they come out. They appeal to my specific needs of a low end that ties into my other speakers without overpowering the rest of the system all while taking minimal amounts of space. I always have to LOL at the 3000 plus powered amps running subs and 65 watt comps. Yes, directional sound will be louder and it does balance better than it appears on paper, but ****.

Sorry that got long winded now didn't it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Overhyped v3 Mag,what?that is a bad ass sub I have 2 12"s and I have had people trying to get me to sell them my subs and I live in JL audio territory..NOT OVERHYPED WHEN SUB DELIVERS THE GOODS:D
What does your typical listening consist of?

What does your typical listening consist of?
jazz r&b some rap old school rap and some old school rock and the subs do blend well with front stage, not only does it get loud but it also gets that deep low bass and it is smooth, it took me about 4 months to tune and tweak my system the way I wanted it, but it was worth it.

sad to see, but I am glad I still have one, and its home is ALMOST finally finished.

I have never actually met Nick but he seems to be a totally stand up guy, hope the BM's come out good, would love to run 4 of them in the truck sometime.

No, it's idiots like you who think they know what SQ is but bitch when they hear something that truly is an SQ driver.
So YOU know what SQ is? Would you like to school me on SQ?

Weren't you the one that claimed the vag v4 to be the best SQ 12" before it was even released?.. Before you ever heard it? Weren't you the one that PM'd me asking if the H701 can do a 3-way front stage? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

pyle_audio_pld12wd.jpg

IMO, the v4 is over-hyped just like the v3 was.

So YOU know what SQ is? Would you like to school me on SQ?
Weren't you the one that claimed the vag v4 to be the best SQ 12" before it was even released?.. Before you ever heard it? Weren't you the one that PM'd me asking if the H701 can do a 3-way front stage? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
Yea, I had never used one before so I wondered. Decided not to use it due to it having a high noise floor and not as customizable as other solutions.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.