Mag V4 Discontinued.. :(

pyle_audio_pld12wd.jpg

IMO, the v4 is over-hyped just like the v3 was.
Coming from the man who like the Fi subs //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Also, not even close to the basket used by the Mag.

So YOU know what SQ is? Would you like to school me on SQ?
Weren't you the one that claimed the vag v4 to be the best SQ 12" before it was even released?.. Before you ever heard it? Weren't you the one that PM'd me asking if the H701 can do a 3-way front stage? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
oh **** son //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Coming from the man who like the Fi subs //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
Also, not even close to the basket used by the Mag.
what? put a picture of it next to a mag, and repeat that statement.

D*mn, I wish I could find the picture of the cheap ass sub that used the exact same basket as the v4.
your ninja edit beat me. Anyway, the basket doesn't matter what so ever, as long as it has enough clearance for the softparts and is of decent quality you should be good.

my spidey senses are senses alot of tension in this thread

personally, regarding the baskets looks, that isnt a big deal.

all the basket needs to have is the right clearances, which fitted the mag's design I'm sure and its suited for the sub.

im sure that the reason he didnt have a basket custom tooled is since it would raise the cost of production up some, and in return the cost of the driver to the end user would go up.

so when an existing, available basket has the right parameters, why put more cost into the sub?

(im assuming it was an off the shelf basket)

my spidey senses are senses alot of tension in this thread

personally, regarding the baskets looks, that isnt a big deal.

all the basket needs to have is the right clearances, which fitted the mag's design I'm sure and its suited for the sub.

im sure that the reason he didnt have a basket custom tooled is since it would raise the cost of production up some, and in return the cost of the driver to the end user would go up.

so when an existing, available basket has the right parameters, why put more cost into the sub?

(im assuming it was an off the shelf basket)
Yea, exactly. Almost every company uses a stock off the shelf basket for that exact reason, tooling is just way too expensive.

It's not just with Nick's drivers. It's idiots like papermaker and kendog who buy an AE sub looking for SPL, beat the **** out of it then complain about it. They do not realize what SQ is, they want loud and something that is more than a 1 note sub, the sad thing is they hear some of these subs and think they sound amazing because they can hear the sub, when that is not the goal, the goal is to have it blend seamlessly with the rest of the system. Anyway, I know what I like and I will keep looking for those companies that make it.
Keep your comments about me to yourself ****face. We've been thru this about 15000 times now. I bought the sub looking for something. When it wasn't there, MULTIPLE other people have noticed it (both in my car, and other installs), and I said something, I got **** on. I've found drivers that do what I want *cough ED cough*, and I'm happy now. Is there something wrong with wanting something that gets loud enough to FEEL the bass, yet still sound good, accurate, etc.??? I think not.

I understand what SQ is, but there's a HUGE difference between what an RTA measures as a flat resposne, and what actually sounds appealing the the human ear. 99% of the population would hate a flat response if they heard it. It sounds unnatural. Boring.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.