Mag V4 Discontinued.. :(

Keep your comments about me to yourself ****face. We've been thru this about 15000 times now. I bought the sub looking for something. When it wasn't there, MULTIPLE other people have noticed it (both in my car, and other installs), and I said something, I got **** on. I've found drivers that do what I want *cough ED cough*, and I'm happy now. Is there something wrong with wanting something that gets loud enough to FEEL the bass, yet still sound good, accurate, etc.??? I think not.

I understand what SQ is, but there's a HUGE difference between what an RTA measures as a flat resposne, and what actually sounds appealing the the human ear. 99% of the population would hate a flat response if they heard it. It sounds unnatural. Boring.
No, there is nothing wrong with that, except that it is not actually Sq then. If the bass is that loud you do not have an SQ system. I have seen what you run, you in no way have an SQ system. Also, I will say whatever I want about morons like you, you deserve everything you get.

I as well as others have also heard John's subs and there is NO dropoff of high end and they take a beating. They sound amazing, if it doesn't to you either you like shitty sound and distortion or there was user error on your part, that's all there is to it.

I understand what SQ is, but there's a HUGE difference between what an RTA measures as a flat resposne, and what actually sounds appealing the the human ear. 99% of the population would hate a flat response if they heard it. It sounds unnatural. Boring.

Why oh why do people keep thinking an SQ setup involves a flat RTA tune? Quite the contrary actually. Never been to a competition where the actual SQ judging was done with an RTA......Unless you count Chris Zenners ears //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

No, there is nothing wrong with that, except that it is not actually Sq then. If the bass is that loud you do not have an SQ system. I have seen what you run, you in no way have an SQ system. Also, I will say whatever I want about morons like you, you deserve everything you get.
I as well as others have also heard John's subs and there is NO dropoff of high end and they take a beating. They sound amazing, if it doesn't to you either you like shitty sound and distortion or there was user error on your part, that's all there is to it.

So, everybody (most people) who don't like a flat response are morons who like listening to noise and distortion??? Check. Did I ever say I had an SQ system? Absolutely not. I do, however, like something that reproduces ALL of the frequencies, which my ED subs now do, and the AV subs rarely seem to do. Not everybody has, or wants, a massive front stage that can produce shittons of midbass. There's NO REASON the sub shouldn't be able to handle that. As I've stated - every other driver in my car (except the DIYMA12) hasn't had an issue with it. I wish I had a quote, but even Dan Wiggins has stated that all thes elow-inductance drivers are KNOWN for a lack of upper-frequency output.

Like I said - keep me out of your threads. I sit in front of a computer at work, I have all the time in the world to troll your threads if you choose not to.

Why oh why do people keep thinking an SQ setup involves a flat RTA tune? Quite the contrary actually. Never been to a competition where the actual SQ judging was done with an RTA......Unless you count Chris Zenners ears //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Well, I'm getting *****ed at because the AV's have NO top end, and anybody who's actually pushed the drivers knows it. I'm tired of being **** on because of what I've SEEN AND HEARD WITH MY OWN EARS, AND MY OWN WALLET.

I think you'll find that many users are like myself-

I have 2 15" MB Quarts because they sound good enough, and still retain the ability to get loud.

For everyday listening situations, I keep them turned down and they blend nicely. But when the basshead in me comes out, one adjustment on the HU and I can bump to town. I like having my cake and eating it, too.

I have 2 15" MB Quarts because they sound good enough, and still retain the ability to get loud.

For everyday listening situations, I keep them turned down and they blend nicely. But when the basshead in me comes out, one adjustment on the HU and I can bump to town. I like having my cake and eating it, too.
Other than first thing in the morning when I'm half asleep, or when I'm on the phone, my stereo is turned up to max (max un-distorted, usually 28-29 on my Excelon HU) volume. I'm very hard on equipment, and don't think I've ever claimed I wasn't. I don't, however, abuse my equipment. I have yet to blow a subwoofer (the audiobahn 12 I had for a week when I was 17 doesn't count, got it used, and a ****in punch 40i popped it).

The Mag does that for me still. I can hit 135dB on music with it so it is plenty loud. Do you have a link to your MB Quarts, I have seen some in the store up here but have never heard them but they look nice. If they have the ones you do maybe I could try and get a listen to them.

So, everybody (most people) who don't like a flat response are morons who like listening to noise and distortion??? Check. Did I ever say I had an SQ system? Absolutely not. I do, however, like something that reproduces ALL of the frequencies, which my ED subs now do, and the AV subs rarely seem to do. Not everybody has, or wants, a massive front stage that can produce shittons of midbass. There's NO REASON the sub shouldn't be able to handle that. As I've stated - every other driver in my car (except the DIYMA12) hasn't had an issue with it. I wish I had a quote, but even Dan Wiggins has stated that all thes elow-inductance drivers are KNOWN for a lack of upper-frequency output.

Like I said - keep me out of your threads. I sit in front of a computer at work, I have all the time in the world to troll your threads if you choose not to.
Wrong, low Le gives MORE midbass because the driver doesn't actually roloff. Higher Le drivers can rolloff due to Le even as low as ~80Hz. The AV series as well as the Mag have flat output to beyond 500Hz. Maybe the subs you like just have an extremely exaggerated upper end where the ones you don't like have a flat upper end, as the DIYMA and AV are known too and you like neither of them.

I think the big thing with the mag v4 is that it is nothing like any maf before so all the fanboys who were dissapointed didnt realize it was a completely differnt sub. theres plenty of subs that can do what the mag v4 does, some i neven less air space. it flopped, wasnt near what people expected so of course theres issues. I do find it hard to believe that a sub that is outselling its predecessors would be discontinued.

I think the big thing with the mag v4 is that it is nothing like any maf before so all the fanboys who were dissapointed didnt realize it was a completely differnt sub. theres plenty of subs that can do what the mag v4 does, some i neven less air space. it flopped, wasnt near what people expected so of course theres issues. I do find it hard to believe that a sub that is outselling its predecessors would be discontinued.
What subs do what the Mag does, curious to see your list.

Also, it was doing great. People just get sick of dealing with **** and stop doing it, I know I have with things.

Well, I'm getting *****ed at because the AV's have NO top end, and anybody who's actually pushed the drivers knows it. I'm tired of being **** on because of what I've SEEN AND HEARD WITH MY OWN EARS, AND MY OWN WALLET.
Don't take offense man, I wasn't directing at you specifically. You just happened to have posted lol. I have seen it several times here, and heard it first hand at a few shows. Going into a comp with a system tuned flat on an RTA will get you your arse handed to you very quickly. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Coming from the man who like the Fi subs //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
Yeah, my half FI sub uses a TC9 motor, which one of the older mags used. I'm not sure what's your point.

All of a sudden you think you're Mr. SQ (sorry that title is already taken by megalomaniac) just because you bought a sub that's marketed as an SQ sub. Dang, I hate the term SQ.

Anyhow, sux for SI that they have yourself as an unofficial rep.

Yeah, my half FI sub uses a TC9 motor, which one of the older mags used. I'm not sure what's your point.
All of a sudden you think you're Mr. SQ (sorry that title is already taken by megalomaniac) just because you bought a sub that's marketed as an SQ sub. Dang, I hate the term SQ.

Anyhow, sux for SI that they have yourself as an unofficial rep.
He's the unofficial rep of low inductance woofers //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

IDQV312, 12w6v2, polk sr series jsut to name a few, the mag is not the end all be all of sq, i dont expect the biggest SI fanboy to understand that. I havwe not personally tried the mag but can gurauntee I have owned more SQ drivers in the last year than i care to mention, with the right processing and power they all do alot of the same.

Don't take offense man, I wasn't directing at you specifically. You just happened to have posted lol. I have seen it several times here, and heard it first hand at a few shows. Going into a comp with a system tuned flat on an RTA will get you your arse handed to you very quickly. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Which is sad because that system is then not reproducing what was recorded, but what you wish would have been recorded. I think SQ should be the goal to get closest to the original recording, but sadly it has been getting away from that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.