no bass boost?

i said that with my hu at 30/34 i can't hear distortion in the subs with gain up all the way and bass boast. The rest of my system starts to sound distorted at 31/34 and thats with the lows on my hu turned to 0/10. Oh yeah the subs do start to distort at 26/34 with the lows on the hu turned up all the way. But i normally listen to music with the lows on the hu down to 0/10, however if i turn the lows on the hu to -10/10 i can crank the volume up to 34/34 with the bass boost up and the gains up all the way.

I forgot to mention this is with the crossover on the amp set to 250hz as well, is it ok to use 2 15"s for midbass??

im thinking about cutting out the lows altogether, midbass is da bomb. I think its vibrations kick subsonic bass's ass!

is there anything wrong with liking the way that 200 hz ***** slaps you across the face compared to 20hz that wiggles you back in forth? Maybe it's just the subs i have, but i think that the low frequencies are not as exciting. Does anyone else like extreme midbass? Sure i don't mind when a 60 to 30hz roll comes and goes in the music, but the hard hittin midbass is da shizniz...

Great ear for distortion there . . .
I have not come across an amp yet that you can max the gains with no distortion, and that is not even bringing the bass boost into consideration. There may be one out there that can do it, but I have not seen it.
gotta figure into the fact that the head units used had only a 1 volt preout or less. maybe now most headunits have a good 3volts+, but 10 years ago most were only

.5 - 2 volts,(unless you had some good cash, "in my area anyways")(and MOST were cassette players). most of the amps i've had were gain sensitive from .3v to 5v. just to give you an idea where i am coming from.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.