no bass boost?

when i was younger i used to run gain maxed, and bass boost maxed, and i never blew a sub that way. not saying you cant, but if you dont push your stuff too much to the point of clipping, and distortion you will be fine. i seem to have a good ear for distorion, and can hear a sub distorting well before my friends, so maybe thats what saved me.

I dont have room its uncomfortable with 1 12". I think I will get a type R 12" and some sort of mono amp but that could be sometime im doing components for now

I dont have room its uncomfortable with 1 12". I think I will get a type R 12" and some sort of mono amp but that could be sometime im doing components for now
Rl-p might be better for a small enclosure. Type-R's typically like to be ported with about 2-2.5 cu.

Right now in my room. I had it in a pre-fab 1 cu box that fit ok and built a ported box that i thought would be easier on my legs. It sounded good but still way too big. I going to try and build a box to fit in the middle right behind the seates where there is a little more room so that i can have some extra leg room.

when i was younger i used to run gain maxed, and bass boost maxed, and i never blew a sub that way. not saying you cant, but if you dont push your stuff too much to the point of clipping, and distortion you will be fine. i seem to have a good ear for distorion, and can hear a sub distorting well before my friends, so maybe thats what saved me.
Great ear for distortion there . . .

I have not come across an amp yet that you can max the gains with no distortion, and that is not even bringing the bass boost into consideration. There may be one out there that can do it, but I have not seen it.

Does the gain matter if the amp your using can't even come close to maxing out the rms least of all the max wattage of the subs your using? With the volume up 30/34 on my hu i can turn to gain all over the place and i can't hear any type of distortion etc...so is it still worth it to set it with a dmm?

I want sealed I'm doing SQ now
I would really look into the rl-p then. I don't have any personal experience with them, but there are many out there that think they are great. I had 2 R's sealed a while back and was not very happy with them. IMO look at something else sealed.

lol mikeyboc, i didn't even see you post that while i was typing my post...with the pioneer amp 7200gm model i have i can turn the gain up all the way with the +12db bass boost up and no distortion at all.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.