So what the hottest 12" sub out right now?

Not I. I have no budget on my system (other than not going stupid overboard), simply going for what i feel is the best out there for me and I chose the RE XXX over the W7 and would still take the XXX if they both were free. I do like the JL amps a lot though. Ill probably pick the 1000/1 to power my sub.

Sorry guys..........the W7 still rules the SQ competition field. W7's have high expectations of tuned boxes and ports and tuning it but once you have everything corrcect you can't lose.

Sorry guys..........the W7 still rules the SQ competition field. W7's have high expectations of tuned boxes and ports and tuning it but once you have everything corrcect you can't lose.
not to be mean or anything //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif , but is it only because you have w7's, have you even heard all the other subs mentioned

listen, I would take two 12" XXXs over a W7 any day //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Plus, to me, the JL logo is completly not worth it, the look on kid's faces at my school when I do an install and they go "Jeez, how many JLs do you have in there" and we pop the trunk and they see big black smooth subs, it looks like their eyes are going to pop out. Being the only kid on the block with a XXX or D2, or brahma, or edA is pretty darn rewarding. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

the W7 are the cream of the crop, except they are so **** xpensive, and you can get quality other subs for the same price...

I have the kappa perfect 12s, perfect SQ mid SPL, but I'm into SQ know...

I hear that nweibley. I check Sounddomain out for installs in the newer type of X's and their isn't ****. But I don't like posting pics of my stuff on the interent cause some ****** will come along and post it on a site claiming that my **** is really his. I've seen it happen all to many times.

But all you guys know whats going to happen to JL's good name don't you.

People are going to become increasingly more jealous because they know they are the best and they know they don't have them (not saying that any of you are like this). But eventaully people are going to start hating JL subs for NO REASON at all and its going to start a chain reaction and soon everyone who has JL's will look down upon and as soon as you know it JL is going to start making pure, cheap **** just so people will start getting back on their side. **** like this happens EVERYDAY in society. So I say to everyone that you all need to live it up with JL's **** cause I guarantee its going to happen.

I don't like JL because of the price. Anyone who says a W7 is the best, hasn't heard a CLEAN install of a XXX or Magnum D2 or Brahma. Any of them put w7's to shame. Follow this forum for a while, see everyone's SPL numbers, and you'll see that JL is just a mainstream, overpriced, waste of money.

I don't like JL because of the price. Anyone who says a W7 is the best, hasn't heard a CLEAN install of a XXX or Magnum D2 or Brahma. Any of them put w7's to shame. Follow this forum for a while, see everyone's SPL numbers, and you'll see that JL is just a mainstream, overpriced, waste of money.
Well I have heard them all, except the brahma, in both ported and sealed enclosures. The brahma is very similar to the xxx, now they are both incredible woofers, but i was referring to sq, now the xxx can probably get louder, i would say due mostly to its higher power handling, but it doesn't quite match the sq of the w7, it just has this certain thing about it that i love (It is definetly not the price //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif ) I also think putting the w7 to shame is an exaggeration, because I highly doubt it has been accomplished very often, small companies such as RE simply don't have the funding for R&D that JL does, so they are obviously going to have advantages.

NICELY laid down nosaj070. Of course **** is going to be louder then a W7, but sound quality wise no chance. ****, I got a sub I could metion that would prolly put your Magnums, XXX, and Brahmas to shame.......I don't want to be too much of an ******* to say it............but i think a 12 inch Solo X might just eat them all...................IF you wanna talk about SPL.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.