So what the hottest 12" sub out right now?

NICELY laid down nosaj070. Of course **** is going to be louder then a W7, but sound quality wise no chance. ****, I got a sub I could metion that would prolly put your Magnums, XXX, and Brahmas to shame.......I don't want to be too much of an ******* to say it............but i think a 12 inch Solo X might just eat them all...................IF you wanna talk about SPL.
Well, what the hell kind of comparison is that. Of course (i hope) a solo X would beat them in SPL, it's a 5000 watt RMS sub and cost $1000.

I bet some of those subs could compare to the W7 in SQ as well, your just all over JL's c*ck. I would be too if i had a $5000 JL system.

The JL audio w7 will NOT be "owned" by an xxx, brahma, idmax, etc.

Some subs may work better for an application, but the W7 will hardly ever get owned, unless you only have 0.4 cubic feet to work with.

If people were to put aside all the biases, then they'll realize that the sub is no lacker. The subwoofer has potential, but in order to unleash that potential, the installer must be up to par. If I were to have a sh*tty installation skill, and you give me an RE8 and a 8w7, both will sound like crap. If i were to have one of the best skills around, then i would be able to max out both driver, and the 8w7 would win as far as sound quality. You cannot make something better than what it already is. But if a sub can surpass the other sub without maxing out its capability, then it will be the clear winner, that is, if you know how to make it live up to its hype //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

If you don't have a load of cash to spend, don't knock on the JL for having to spend so much on R&D. It's not their fault that the 13w7 has an xsus of ~45mm :p

If you're just looking for a subwoofer, u don't have that kind of cash, and you dont' need the utmost SQ, save yourself and get some xxx, brahma, etc.

Why do people pay the extra money for TRU amps, despite some saying it's barely an improvement over the "lower-line"? It's because they can and they are willing to spend more to get that extra improvement.

Remove all biased and then talk. If comparing SQ, take out all useless arguement about prices. Price do not affect SQ. If you're talking value, then consider price. If talking about prices, don't bring in sales price vs. retail price. All that does is widen the gap and makes it unfair. Some people even go as far as saying you can get 2 idmax for the price of a single 12w7 and sh*it on the 12w7. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

how about we change this a little bit and say that five subs are laid on the table before you: sub 1. XXX sub 2. W7 sub 3. IDMAX sub 4. Magnum d2 Sub 5. Brahma

all subs are 12'' and all are free but you can only take one. which would you take? No bias picks though, just honest picks, oh and you can't buy the W7 and sell it to buy two of the others.

Me=sub 4:)

i would take the w7 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.