The Official Type R Thread

wow..... .6 diff from the port to the dash, i donts ee how that is possible...from the dash to port in my car theres about a hrm....14+ db difference...
great for you... im not the one who did these tests, i just quoted how high we peeked out in numbers, so....when i have the opportunity to do it again ill post some pics instead of trying to guess.as for me it really doesnt matter where the mic was, if numbers like that op up on the termlab with my subs, i could care less if it was in the port or dash....

great for you... im not the one who did these tests, i just quoted how high we peeked out in numbers, so....when i have the opportunity to do it again ill post some pics instead of trying to guess.as for me it really doesnt matter where the mic was, if numbers like that op up on the termlab with my subs, i could care less if it was in the port or dash....
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif port scores are worthless......

typerbass does a 160+ in the port of just ONE of the chambers. Does he brag that his setup does a 160? No, because he knows that the port score means SQUAT...

cellerbr, wth u talkin about, u gets no laughs buddy, that was the dumbest of the year rite there.

So let me get this straight....You cant spell, nor use even close to correct grammar and my post was dumb....hmmmm....Good call.....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

so do yall think id be able to tell a noticable difference between the infinity reference 12" and the apline type r SWR-1222D ....i have the audiobahn amp 400 rms at 4ohms to 1 channel...pushing the inifinity, sounds good..is it worth me paying $145 for the type R or should i just stay with what i got? if yall think i would hear a huge improvement then ill get the Type R

so do yall think id be able to tell a noticable difference between the infinity reference 12" and the apline type r SWR-1222D ....i have the audiobahn amp 400 rms at 4ohms to 1 channel...pushing the inifinity, sounds good..is it worth me paying $145 for the type R or should i just stay with what i got? if yall think i would hear a huge improvement then ill get the Type R
as i said before i think so //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif

http://www.caraudio.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111727

I would say it will be an improvement and that R can apparently handle more power from what I read.. I have never heard the new type R but to me the old one was way better then the Infinity ref. and they say the new R owns the old R's. So i would have to imagine it to be an improvement. However you can get the type R's around 100 dollars on ebay for a Brand new in box 12....

Buy one of my amps to power that beast... a 1222d sounds great on these. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Also if your abahn is overrated I doubt it would be much of an improvement because the type r would beg for more power.

if port numbers were worth a shiz, every 140 on this forum would be in the 150-155+ club....

I know everyone raves about how great the type r's are in a ported box. But are they really that bad in a sealed box? If so, why?
its not that they are "bad" sealed... but oh man do they really start kickin ass ported.

They are OK sealed woofs, and EXCELLENT ported woofs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.