The Official Type R Thread

hey, my friends got a kicker l7 12" running off a TREO 700.1 in a f-150, that thing is mighty loud and hits notes extremely hard. My alpines are definately louder even though they are in my trunk, but given theres two of them and more power. The kicker hits hard, but the range frequency isn't as good, the Alpines are loud and sound great in basically any song

also, i tried a refurbished l5 10" a year ago, broke it in kinda...lol was desperate, and it blew in a few weeks. It's just like people say.

hey, my friends got a kicker l7 12" running off a TREO 700.1 in a f-150, that thing is mighty loud and hits notes extremely hard. My alpines are definately louder even though they are in my trunk, but given theres two of them and more power. The kicker hits hard, but the range frequency isn't as good, the Alpines are loud and sound great in basically any song
also, i tried a refurbished l5 10" a year ago, broke it in kinda...lol was desperate, and it blew in a few weeks. It's just like people say.

well its hard to compare subs based n such different installs... and its not kickers fault you blew the sub //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

but i will agree that type Rs sound great and get loud. i think its gonna be hard to say which will be louder for sure. but if theyre close enough to get arguements then does it matter a whole lot?

if port numbers were worth a shiz, every 140 on this forum would be in the 150-155+ club....
well good for them, more power to them...i dont care about being loudest type r Db holder or any of that, personally i dont care how loud i get the R'z i jus have fun doing what i do....and im not an expert or near that, im still learning the game ya know. so if anyone here is perfect, please....cast the first stone...but i know i have some loud type r's and if 152.7 in a port isnt really LOUD" then who gives a F....my R's sound good AS .......youuuuu knowwwww......lol ...peace 152.7.....my badd, in a port.....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif

L7s are loud no doubt, but i tend to like how the type Rs stay musical when turned up. love the sound of the 12" R. i would pick one up but i tend to not like having the same woofers as my friends.

the dual spiders are used to reduce distortion, and it really does work. the awful suspension noise present in the older type R models no longer exist in the 05s

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.