The Official Type R Thread

I was talking with all the people at those stores and each of them said that 12's are where its at right now. 15's is not worth the extra money

haha this is why i wont go to audio shopes.. "12 are where its at and 15s arent worth the extra money" BS.. you choose sub size based on your needs.. power, space available, etc. 15s are definately worth the extra money. they give you almost twice the cone area of a 12, generally better power handling, and better low end extension. for an extra 50 bucks a sub (varies greatly depending on store and company) its very worth it. and i think that people at shows tend to like setups with bigger woofers.. dont knwo though thats all you as far ar how you want it to look. but three 15s would pwn 4 12s for SPL usually.

im kinda partial to 15s though cause ive owned a few and liked them better than 12s generally

back in the day i had 4 MTX 3000's (bottom of the line) on a mmats D200hc, it hit so hard it snapped a weld that held my rear view mirrior on in my cadillac, now that was nuts

although i did blow all of them eventually

those mmats amps were really powerful back in what 98 i paid $1000 for that mutha i shuolda bought a juggernaut 15"

im think im gonna go with mtx 15's

but what about the 7500 or 8500 how big of a jump in bang for my buck is it gonna be for me to upgrade to the 8500

Hi,

I am new to this forum, and forums in general... I am an avid bass addict, and am in the market for a new subwoofer setup. I have always liked Alpine equipment from the get go, and I am hearing good things about the 05 TYPE-R woofers, and the MRD-M1005 amplifier. My question is... The sub is rated at 300W RMS, but I see many many people running these subs with way larger amounts of power... How does this work? I would be getting 2 subs, running at 2ohms, with the MRD-M1005, thats putting out 900-1000W RMS... this is overpowering the subs by 200W a peice... Is this ok?? If the enclosure is well made??

EDITTED: (I had mentioned they were 300W, but I see other places that they are 500W, where is a good place online to purchase Alpine Equipment, from/to Canada??)

Am I going to get hella bass out of these 2 suckers with this combo? (PORTED)

Ive tried many sealed boxes in my 2001 Ford Sport Trac, and I dont know if its something to do with the car itself, but the only way I can get some volume is in a ported enclosure, any help on this would be helpfull as well... Do the TYPE-R's perform well in ported boxes?

Sorry for all the questions, but I really do need some REAL LIFE help, as the guys at the car audio shop drive me nuts... Im sure you all know what I mean.

Chris.

make sure if you get the 1005 amp, you will need to get dual 4 ohms if you wana run one sub per amp, or if you get 2 subs, wired together, get the dual 2 ohms, to match with the 1005, its stable to 2 ohms....peace

Yeah the 05 Type R Model is rated at 500W RMS for the 10's and 12's and I believe the 15' is rated at 750W RMS.. The older models were labeled 300 RMS so make sure you check the RMS rating before you buy them (to make sure your not buying an older product)

As far as giving them too much power. You should be ok, Alpine really under-rates their products so you don't go out and blow them unlike a Sony that would over-rate their subs by 200Watts.

That amp should be fine, port these babies out and they should come alive //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I keep hearing REALLY good things about the Type R's ported. So yeah. Port THEM! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

audiobahn.......are u serious.........man take that back to the flea roach market......no offense....you know what , take back what i said, audiobahn is ok....just open your trunk and let em see it, but what ever you do...dont play it....jus look at it.....peace up A town.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.