The Official Type R Thread

Aluminum is one of the best cone materials to use for quick, tight bass response. That's why Audiobahn's Flame Q series subwoofer has a one-piece stamped and balanced aluminum cone and PHAT 2” multi-layer foam surround for precise, controlled bass. Flip these subs over, and you'll be blown away by the 6mm thick, flame inspired, chrome-plated cast aluminum basket. Even the back plate features the unique flame motif. Designed for the ultimate in sound quality, the Flame Q AW1006T features a huge 120 oz. double-stacked Strontium magnet, a vented and extended pole piece, and a 2.5" ASV former with dual 4-layer high-temp 4-ohm voice coils
i laugh at them.

Ok, Honestly I have never even heard of that SPL Sub, but just from judging that site and the other brands it was selling.. I wouldn't even ATTEMPT to buy a product from them. I mean c'mon. Legacy? Sound Storm? Volfenhag? Lanzar? Pyle? yeah... as for the audiobahns.. Unless you want something that sounds like complete trash steer away from audiobahn. I've heard many Audiobahn setups and yes, some get loud.. but not without some serious SQ issues.

BMRBOB, If you want some good daily woofers that will get loud and sound nice at the same time.. then defintly go with the 10' type r's.

speaking from experience
yes //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

sealed/ported... however you slice it, the type R is a flat out better woof than both of those.
oh ok just wondering cause that SPL sub does look pretty good but i know looks can be decieving.

Hmmm, not to jack the thread but I got a question here folks. I too was looking at the new Type R 12s but wasn't sure if they'd be worthwhile to get. If I'd get them, I'd get a pair of the 12s and run them off of a Tsunami DB1100.

How would a pair of 12s in rec enclosure compare to a single RE SX12 in a rec enclosure off of the same amp, DB1100?

The pair of R12s is comparable in price to the single SX12, so now I'm just debating what to do...

Hmmm, not to jack the thread but I got a question here folks. I too was looking at the new Type R 12s but wasn't sure if they'd be worthwhile to get. If I'd get them, I'd get a pair of the 12s and run them off of a Tsunami DB1100.
How would a pair of 12s in rec enclosure compare to a single RE SX12 in a rec enclosure off of the same amp, DB1100?

The pair of R12s is comparable in price to the single SX12, so now I'm just debating what to do...
id definitely take the 2 R's over a single SX.

The Type R is the single best invention in the history of mankind. Goes above and beyond the philosophical and theoretical evolutions that were created with such mindboggling inventions such as the chia pet and the pet rock.

The Type R is the single best invention in the history of mankind. Goes above and beyond the philosophical and theoretical evolutions that were created with such mindboggling inventions such as the chia pet and the pet rock.
LOL!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

the R'z will get ... what were the other ones....lol
Do you post anywhere besides type r threads? Do you work alpine //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.