06 Buick LaCrosse 15" Destroyer build

Participant count
  • Participant list

loudenuff

CarAudio.com Elite
WA gwon?
Currently having my destroyer motor recones by Pierce audio with a 2k 4" coil, and he's modifying my sealed 18 enclosure for a ported 15 enclosure. Just temporary, plans are to get another motor and do a 6th order b pillar wall on an scv 6k. This box is just temporary, I also plan to be going fullly 3 way active! Figured I start one of these for pointers once I get to doing the wall.

Current setup is 1 destroyer 15 with a PAP 2k recone in a 4~ net enclosure tuned to 28. DSA 3500 running at .7 ohms 1 270a singer alt, die hard 31 in the trunk, 1 run of cca 0awg ( will be doing 3 runs of 2/0 welding cable when I get more batteries. 1 JL 300/2 on some Dayton 6.5s and 1" Rockford tweets. Deadened doors floorboard and entire trunk. Pics coming soon

So in the past week I've moved up to 2 way active. While hooking up my cerwin v600/4 I accidentally plugged in mids for highs, and didn't notice until frying one of my tweets... so technically I'm 1.5 way active //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suicide.gif.a649d21efc0d1fd4890a6428166586c1.gif

c44djp4af

https://postimg.org/image/fp092x8tz/

Subs done, box is on the way.

I've placed an order for the mini c-dsp 6x8. Looking at components within the next 2~ weeks. Not completely set on which route I wanna go. I've been entertaining audible physics and mx designs for a 6.7/3/1 setup.

So in the past week I've moved up to 2 way active. While hooking up my cerwin v600/4 I accidentally plugged in mids for highs, and didn't notice until frying one of my tweets... so technically I'm 1.5 way active //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suicide.gif.a649d21efc0d1fd4890a6428166586c1.gif
I always mark my wires/wiring with a sharpie,or use different color tape..its helped out alot for me over the years

Pic didnt seem to work for me?? Ive had issues with placing pics on here.I think I have to get one of the Mods to clear my pic box out??
https://ibb.co/e3NxmF Try this one. I'll definitely be marking my wires from now on too. When I get around to buying some more batteries I'm likely going to pull all of my wire and rewrite everything, and have it look clean this time around

https://ibb.co/e3NxmF Try this one. I'll definitely be marking my wires from now on too. When I get around to buying some more batteries I'm likely going to pull all of my wire and rewrite everything, and have it look clean this time around
That one worked :thumbupw:Shes a beaut man! As many wires ran,and are placed..it certainly helps,and saves time also

That one worked :thumbupw:Shes a beaut man! As many wires ran,and are placed..it certainly helps,and saves time also
Thanks man! And definitely so lol. I was kinda rushing when doing previous installs, along with destroying the interior of my car... so now I get to repair the destruction in hopes of making this a show car lol. Replacing carpet, all seats, some trim pieces, lots of fiber glass and other cosmetic fab work. I plan on adding led lights in the front and back of the cabin. Before that I'll be doing mechanical and electrical, so first off I'll be adding wire and 2 more Agma, and replace the wet cell up front with the agm in my trunk now. Then doing all new grounds. Probably upgrading my eBay wonder amp to something more efficient. Then I'll be doing custom springs in the back, since I found em for a hell of a deal online.

It'll be a project, but I'm hoping I'm happy with it when it's done.

Sub looks killer man! Good luck setting the mini dsp, they seem to be one of the more user friendly.
I'm leaning towards buying the mic and doing it myself, but if I end up with pricey components I might just find someone who'll tune with me so I can learn from someone with experience. I'm semi knowledgeable with slopes and crossovers but when it comes to eq and blending i might choke. It'd be cool if there was a tutorial somewhere. I'll have to look around

Life has caught me by the balla but build is still continuing. C-dsp is in along with all new rcas. Addictive audio elite 3 way components in as well. Next step is glassinf my a pillars and deadening the passenger door and roof, I have a bunch of screws knocked loose from my hybrid 15. Cscstang built me an enclosure that's 3.5 net @ 32hz, but for some reason doesn't like playing lower than 34 and plays up to 80-90 cleanly... so maybe in the future I'll be doing a blowthrough 6th order. Will take pics once the pillars are done.

I also plan on adding 2 more trunk batts and making a presentable amp rack, once I get the 6th order installed.

Life has caught me by the balla but build is still continuing. C-dsp is in along with all new rcas. Addictive audio elite 3 way components in as well. Next step is glassinf my a pillars and deadening the passenger door and roof, I have a bunch of screws knocked loose from my hybrid 15. Cscstang built me an enclosure that's 3.5 net @ 32hz, but for some reason doesn't like playing lower than 34 and plays up to 80-90 cleanly... so maybe in the future I'll be doing a blowthrough 6th order. Will take pics once the pillars are done. I also plan on adding 2 more trunk batts and making a presentable amp rack, once I get the 6th order installed.
Never rush an install..Be patient and take your time.Things can get expensive quickly. So just budget yourself and take your time.Once done, you can always add in the future if need be.A lot of people RUSH and wonder why its sounds like Chit!! and not happy with the outcome or create issues and ruin components/gear.Bad grounding,loose wiring, bad tuning,exposed wiring,ect.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.